Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

silver star

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:13 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default silver star

i just picked a set sylvania silverstar ultra lights for my blazer. the 9006 low beams, i got them for $29.99 at autozone regularly $49.99, wondering how good everybody thinks theseare. are they a lot better than the stock lights? they say they are20% brghter than regular sivlerstars. i know there are probably better bulds out there but i got them a lot cheaper than average so i grabbed them

Old 12-25-2007, 12:55 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: silver star

I replaced all of my bulbs with the Sylvania SilverStars. The 9005, 9006, and 3157's...The headlights are definately more clear and a little brighter than stock. I love the 3157's I got that are a bluish silver metallic that lights up amber. Theyre made for clear corners and they work perfect...

Old 12-25-2007, 01:09 AM

i didnt get the high beams yet the llow beams are more important to me i can see pretty well w/ the stock high beams, i have ordered LED replacement for the 194 and the 3157. with the new head lights the regular bulbs look reallly bad, the are so dim. i actually got the ultra cheaper than i could get the regular silverstars. gotta love family dicounts, my cuz is store manager

Old 12-25-2007, 02:46 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The sylvainia's are really nice and bright I have them in mine!!! They truly light up the night!!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:48 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Silverstars are some of the best bulbs out there. Incredible improved visability.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:02 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I run SS Ultras in all four headlights and like them a lot. A co-worker just added them to his Z28 and is impressed. Ebay is the way to get them, but be sure they are factory sealed packs. Some bozos sell used Ultras or other brands in a Sylvania package.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:07 AM

i picked mine up at autozone so i know they are real. only payed $29 and didnt have to wait for them to get here and didnt have to worry about if they were real or not

Old 12-25-2007, 11:33 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought silvania knock offs one time and they melted my harness. Never again.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:54 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yeah, knock-offs can be a can of worms.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

there was a thread about this and they say they dont last too long.....thats why i dont wanna get em....

Quick Reply: silver star