Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Sirius Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 AM
KLBlazer07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sirius Mounting

Wonder if any of you that has Sirius Sat. Radio have come up with any clever ways to mount it besides the suggested ways? Wanting to do something cool with mine.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:33 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Sirius Mounting

You could always mount it just under the dash where the ashray would go... Assuming the 2000s don't have one... Mine doesn't, lol.

What flavour of reciever did you get?

Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM

Mine has an ashtray.

I have the sportster 4. I have had it for a while now.. just looking for somewhere better to mount it.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinkin that too. Iwas lookin at getting sirius but I don't want to mount it like they say either. Guess I'll have to steal someone else mounting Ideas. I'm just not creative enough. HAHAHA

Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If you don't smoke, or use the ashtray, you could always take it out and mount it there, lol

Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

or if you have an aftermarket radio, you can get the tuner box, like SIR-PNR1 or SIR-JVC1 for pioneer and Jvc respectively. They mount behind glovebox or under seat and then the HU controls the sirius, eliminating the need for seperate dash mounted unit. all the stations come up on the display of the radio. but its not portable at all.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Well I have a Sirius tuner I'd be willing to sell. When I bought my new headunit, it comes with Sirius built in. Its the "Starmate" model. It has the remote as well.

Anyone interested?

Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
KARTER56 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dealt with this issue as well after i purchased by sirius radio. the bracket they sold for it mounted off of the right side of the dash bezel and stuck out into the passenger's compartment. i think it would have looked stupid and bulky and also had exposed wiring. i fabricated a bracket that uses the upper ashtray mounting screws located behind the dash bezel. there is just enough clearance for the bracket to fit through the opening and the bezel fits perfectly. the radio sits angled upward at the bottom of the dash and the ashtray is still operable, yet it is blocked somewhat if you're actually using it. i like the looks of it and all the wiring runs through the top of the ashtray and is completely hidden. i tried to no avail to fit it in the ashtray but there is not enough rear clearance for any of the sirius units to fit.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 AM

I found a way to mount mine, all wires hidden with some simple L brackets cut to size to the dock station sits flush on the dash. I can take the reciever on and off with ease. Attached are a few pictures. Let me know what you think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5029/71C013C074C5433E8C9EF2B60A1C3D4F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5029/92C8CF9569DF4959A58DFA2B181CCF6B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not too shabby. I must say though, you have a lot of wear on that steering wheel of yours.

Quick Reply: Sirius Mounting