Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Smoked lights legal in NY?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Smoked lights legal in NY?

I've been thinking of doing this (just thinking).

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/light...aillights.html

But I want to make sure it's legal. Dunno what to search for to check, anyone know off hand?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Your state DMV/registration website should be able to tell you...and of course there is always Google.
I know in some states it might depend on how dark you go, and others it's out right illegal. There have been a few members that have run into trouble with the law by having blacked out lights...

Old 08-04-2009, 07:15 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

For safety's sake my advice is - don't.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Used google, still searching

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Gotta point. I was just thinking of a very light coat on the head lights. Taillights have a slotted cover, no need to do those. xD

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rriddle3
That's another good point raised...it makes it much harder for people following you to see your brake lights. Especially in rainy or reduced visibility.
I know my buddy has his cavalier tail lights done, and they are fairly dark (I'd say darker then that lexus) and I've been following behind him at times and can't see due to fog.
Another thing to think about would be your reverse lights. If you tint the lights it makes it near impossible to use your reverse lights, which makes backing up at night dangerous and difficult. I can speak from experience on my buddies cavy. He has the worst time trying to back up at night.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Gotta point. I was just thinking of a very light coat on the head lights. Taillights have a slotted cover, no need to do those. xD

Didn't realize you were thinking about doing your headlights. That's even worse and I would think most definitely illegal

Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran

Alrighty, thanks

Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Dk81690 is on a distinguished road

im pretty sure its illegal to get headlights and tailights done in NY. I was gonna get them done when i got my windows tinted but the guy who owned the shop told me not to get it done b/c he had it and got pulled over for them constantly

Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey where on Long Island are you? I just hung out with another Blazerfroum member tonite at a car hangout in Medford.. I took sum pics... As far as tinted taillights go, I hate them thats why i painted mine....

Quick Reply: Smoked lights legal in NY?