Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Sound deadeners???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sound deadeners???

I have some dynamat extreme behind my 6/9's but I would like to do the rest of the truck... I found fatmat for $100 for 100 sqaure feet, or edead for a similar price. Question is, whats the best stuff in this price range? And what are some of the most effective areas to do to eliminate rattles and road noise? oh its an '89... Thanks guys!

Daniel

Old 01-13-2008, 05:06 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sound deadeners???

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/benefits/

^^ great link to deduce your own answers. as far aswhere to apply it... to answer that is to best understand how deadener works. When deadener is applied to metal or plastic, all you are doing is adding weight which lowers the resonant frequency of the piece. This makes the piece harder for sound waves to move which reduces rattling which in turn improves the sound at the same time since the sound waves are less distorted after bouncing off the piece. Usually the best results for applying deadener are in the door right behind the speaker and on any large pieces of door metal. Spot applicaitons work well for taking care of those pesky rattles from specific locations. Another trick for areas inside the vehicle that NEVER come into contact with water is to absorb, rather than deadening the sound. This is best done with open cell foam (typical foam found in foam pillows, cushions, etc...). Egg crate foam works well too.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Sound deadeners???

i bought some eDead but havent installed i yet, im gonna do it around the speakers when i wire up my (soon to be) Orion cs500.5 amp. it is much thinner than i thought it would be though. after reading the showdown website, i think raamat would be the best in the price range. also it would be a good idea to factor in shipping costs too. i ordered 10sqft of eD v1 for $1 per sqft but it ended up costing like $18 after shipping