Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sound deadning question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sound deadning question

the vehicle is a 98 blazer. i have loaded the back door and side panels with hushmat ultra. this thing still rattles like crazy!!!! anymore suggestions?

Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Default RE: sound deadning question

nobody use deadner? i have waited 24 hrs and not a response...come on people,,help out a fellow blazer owner

Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

And in that 24 hours, did you try out the search function at all? 'Dynamat' or 'dynomat' (I know, spelling) turn up quite a few posts on the subject...

Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 PM

oh im sorry not everyone terms sound deadning as "dynamat" as i use hushmat...so why would i search dynamat? your post would have made alot more sense if my original post said "hey can someone help me with dynamat?" no...i asked a question about sound deadning. i know you are the administrator but come on,,,did you feel the need to post that instead of offering a helpful solution?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously missed the point of my post ENTIRELY! The point of a search is using criteria that others may have used. Did you even try it instead of being a wise *** about my post? Must not have... How about 'vibration' for a search criteria? How about 'rattles'??? (that's a good one and straight from your initial post) Help yourself instead of criticizing the involvement!

And who cares if you use hushmat! The most advertised product in main stream media is Dynamat. Would make perfect sense that someone here would have posted about that in attempts to try to cure rattles doesn't it...?

My point here is that if you had made an attempt to search, you may have found threads on this VERY subject with minimal effort in less time, but hey, what the heck do I know...?

*EDIT*- And yeah, I am an administrator here. What does that have to do with anything? Way to lash out though. Gonna get lots of help around here with an attitude of "everyone help me NOW!"...

I don't know why I want to say this, but the old Chinese proverb rings true. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." My post was to teach you how to help yourself. If you were interested in such a task, you would have comprehended that fact...

Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: tonkpils
oh im sorry not everyone terms sound deadning as "dynamat" as i use hushmat...so why would i search dynamat? your post would have made alot more sense if my original post said "hey can someone help me with dynamat?" no...i asked a question about sound deadning. i know you are the administrator but come on,,,did you feel the need to post that instead of offering a helpful solution?
The sarcasm is completely unnecessary my friend. If you could find the answer yourself, you wouldn't be on the forum asking those who know more about the issue than you do. You are on their time. For the sake of an argument that will inevitably lead to the moderators/administrators being the bad guys, here are some searches:

Hushmat 1, Hushmat 2

Sound deadening 1, sound deadening 2, sound deadening 3, sound deadening 4, shall I continue?

5 minutes of my life and I found those. I don't know exactly what you're looking to do, but you do. Which is why it would be beneficial for you to do your own searching.

You get what you give, and you laid the sarcasm on THICK.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Well from what I understand they are going to rattle no matter what. There is a member on here (oakleyg) mentioned that his rattled a lot. I've read elsewhere other people having the same problem. Unless you want to start adding extra strength to the panels with either metal/wood/concrete might have to live with it. How many sq. feet hushmat have you used?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

i use hush matt, not a single thing rattles in my truck, people comment all the time about how good it sounds

Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

Well from what I understand they are going to rattle no matter what. There is a member on here (oakleyg) mentioned that his rattled a lot. I've read elsewhere other people having the same problem. Unless you want to start adding extra strength to the panels with either metal/wood/concrete might have to live with it. How many sq. feet hushmat have you used?
about 40 sqft..loaded up the back door and sides...the back still has alot of rattle.

and maybe i did come off a little sarcastic but what i was meaning is i have tried most of the things in every thread you posted. but as a member of a "forum" where the point is to help others and meet new people, i get so sick of people flamingsaying" you should have searched" why not just offer an answer or ask a question like "hey did you try this?" so i apologize if i seemed a bit sarcastic but come on.

*EDIT*- And yeah, I am an administrator here. What does that have to do with anything? Way to lash out though. Gonna get lots of help around here with an attitude of "everyone help me NOW!"...

ya know i put alot of thought into what you said here and i have to ask myself when did i say help me now? i waited a full day with 25 views and 0 replies before i even bumped my thread...so just exactly how is that a help me now attitude? ya know i am a member on other forums but even if someone asks a stupid question like " what does a cap do?" i dont flame him and yell SEARCH,,,i will offer my opinion.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

pok hes ur "wanted reply"

open your tail gate, now on both your left and right, you will see vent like things, they vibrate ALOT, i stuffed mine with weather stripping, and havent heard from them sense, they make ALOT of rattle, and might be your main casue

Quick Reply: sound deadning question