Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sound system install

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: sound system install

kenwood has a problem with being ugly [:'(] Pioneer for reliability, function, and sexy looks

Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

My pioneer has all sorts of sound control settings including subwoofer level, loudness, and style.... you can also choose how you have your sub mounted in the truck, like regualr or that inverted way ehre the magnet sticks out and the speaker faces in the box.... i dunno what its called, but there is a buttload of sub adjustments.... mine was $220 tho.... and I installed it myself...

Old 11-20-2006, 04:23 AM
thatyoungin is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, here's the thing. i paid about $120 for my Sony HU, and it came with a sub control. MP3, WMA capable. Aux. Input in the face. ID3. Remote. Detach Face, and was 200 watts! Who else can match that? plus i never had a disc jam, or any other problems. Kenwood and Pioneer are good brands but who wants to spend extra for the options? and unlike ya'll i don't care for a graphic display that shows a damn dolphin or a race car! so, now that we've simplified that, who can find any competition for Sony? som'n near that price rangee, ALL the same options, and a dependable brand? lemme know

Old 11-20-2006, 04:49 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

Straight up

SONY IS NOT A DEPENDABLE BRAND.

I think its kinda funny you think it is and that it really puts 200 watts out. No thats hilarious.

I'm not trying to be an *** or anything dude but seriously. Why do you thinkeveryone laughs at sony? Cause tehre build quality sucks, There business ethics suck, There customer service sucks, and the product itself sucks.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate to say it, but yeah, i agree w/ jon. i have a sony headunit, but it wasn't a wally world special. it was almost 500 bucks online. and their wattage is way over-rated. i know mine doesn't put out 225 watts. that's just crazy. if you want a good h/u that you want alot of watts out of, get an alpine or a pioneer.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:25 AM
thatyoungin is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, maybe i'm not getting a full 200 watts, but i'm still using my factory speakers, and they can't handle ****. So do i even miss those watts? i'm using my amp for the watts i need to push my subs. and as far as that goes, i have more power than the subs can handle. but i'm open to tryin to som'n new. I need a HU with a sub control, MP3 and WMA playback. plus a remote. need a price under $130

Old 11-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I could have gotten you a Pioneer, with sub control, detach face, mp3 and wma playback, three sets of pre-outs, front, rear and sub, without they gay display for about a hundred bucks, brand new in a box.

Any anyway, those 200 watt and claims like that are peak, 99 percent of all cd players only put out 16-22 watts RMS. the rest is peak.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i myself am i big fan of alpine h.u's, most of the higher lines have the sub control..i've got the 9857 which does have it...best buy also has it for 199.00 plus free installation, since you seem to like best buy....peace

EDIT: sorry i lied, they have the 9856 for 199...the 9857 is 349.00 sorry bout that bro, but the 9856 HAS sub control also if you interested in checkin them out...

Old 11-20-2006, 02:48 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I once asked a stereo dealer wha the thought about sony's xplod head units and subs.... he replied... "sony.... xplod head units and subs.... I think they should do just that......" I laughed my *** off that the guy who sold the sony stuff told me the company should just destroy them before they leave the factory and save everyone a headache...... he recommended pioneer, alpine, and kenwood..... so I got the pioneer.. most options for the cheapest price.....

Old 11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
kornphlake is an unknown quantity at this point

Sony makes some nice video cameras, they have a few good televisions and for the price their bookshelf stereo systems are above average, the PlayStations seem to be pretty solid too. Just about everything else they sell is mediocre at best. For the price you can get something else with better quality and more features. That isn't to say that Sony makes crap, but for the price you pay you could get something better. for under $150 I can't say there is going to be much difference between Sony, Pioneer and Kenwood.

Quick Reply: sound system install