Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Speaker help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:24 PM
boo_loves_kitty is on a distinguished road
Default Speaker help!!

Ok guys...I need help. My hubby has a 93 full size blazer, not an S-10. Its 2 door. He needs new speakers for the dash. I was wanting to surprise him for Christmas, but have no idea what size I need.

Any suggestions????

Old 12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

head to best buy and pick out the best that would suit him and take it in and have it installed :P

Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out Crutchfield.com. Put in your vehicle information and they will tell you what the speaker size is. A quick look shows that your husband's truck can fit 3-1/2", 4" or 4"x6" speakers in the dash.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:33 PM
boo_loves_kitty is on a distinguished road

I was able to measure across and it wasnt quite 6 inches. So, you think 4x6???

Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 PM
HOT-ROD is on a distinguished road

If you want to get him a better sound, get him some kick pannels with a 6.5" component set. The 4x6's will never produce a better sound than the 6.5's.
P.S.
Kick pannels are on Crutchfield also.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

It really just depends on how involved you want to get. If all you want to do is replace what he has already, You can't go wrong with www.crutchfield.com as they make sure the speaker isn't too deep or too large to fit in the space provided by the vehicle.

They also provide the harnesses for the wiring as well as an involved sheet detailing the removal of the old ones and the installation of the new speakers. Everything you need to do it on the "low" to surprise your husband while he's off getting your present.

I would get 4x6's as they will be better over the stock speakers he (probably) has. The difference is noticeable. The really small ones will end up sounding really tinny as they don't have the larger driver dedicated to the lower frequencies.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:27 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I'm with HOT-ROD and the components. I have them and it was such a noticeable difference. Put the tweeters up in the dash and the woofers in the kick panels.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned

or..i found an amazing site...VIA the guy from bestbuy since he told me i'd have to order a special dash install kit..*unless i went with that they had there but it'd leave a gap* and the right kit only costs 11$s shipping included...

http://www.metraonline.com/default.aspx

lovin this site totally!!

oh yah speaking of best buy...WAS gonna have them do the sound system all around..i think NOT...more than 150$s in tinstall the 2 sets of speakers, door and dash i wa slike..forget it i'll do it my self...so i retract my statement of having them install...its easy enough to do it your self!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:08 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MuddBunny84
or..i found an amazing site...VIA the guy from bestbuy since he told me i'd have to order a special dash install kit..*unless i went with that they had there but it'd leave a gap* and the right kit only costs 11$s shipping included...

http://www.metraonline.com/default.aspx

lovin this site totally!!

oh yah speaking of best buy...WAS gonna have them do the sound system all around..i think NOT...more than 150$s in tinstall the 2 sets of speakers, door and dash i wa slike..forget it i'll do it my self...so i retract my statement of having them install...its easy enough to do it your self!
Good girl! Do everything yourself! I mean, if you get stuck there's all of us to help you out!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

well that and..i've already done speaker replacements..but they told me i'd need some thing for the antenna..dunno if i could or woukd try that..i figure w/e i can't do..its never to hard to find some one HERE..or..i'm sure my mechanic would do it for a couple bucks..no biggieas for the dash kit install..*bites lip*..not sure about that..might let them do every thing BUT the speaker install since thats $40 for dash and $45 for door..

Quick Reply: Speaker help!!