Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Speaker question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
johnwiseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speaker question.

Hey I got a serious question here. Does anyone make a system that is pretty loud but is not set up purly for bass? Seams like everything now is geared twords the bass.. and unfortunatly if you dont listen to rap or baseline stuff all the time.. like me. they just make normal music sound... welll stupid. most of the subs have these hard plastic cones that only seam to rattle and not really produces music. Can anyone help a white boy in need of some load *** heavy metal that dont sound muddy or rattley?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Speaker question.

so your saying you want an sq setup....theres plenty of companies specializing in SQ. and that ****ty sounding music your hearing is most likely someone without a musical ear or tuning ability and they just turn the bass all the way up on their headunit cuz they think it sounds good. I can play anything from Rock, to metal to rap in my truck and it all sounds amazing. Do you have a budget in mind for anything?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have the same problem. I listen to many different types of music and I've owned everything from Rockford to Alpine. They all had there strengths and weaknesses, but they didn't do well with all types of music. And then I was fortunate enough to come across a used Elemental Designs flat cone sub. I've never heard a more natural sounding sub in my life. It brings your music to life. I have it in a sealed box @ 2 cubic feet powered by a 400 watt PPI amp. This setup delivers quality as well as quantity. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore, but you can more then likely find them on Ebay. The model number is E12a.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:33 PM
headbanger35950 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a bunch of different stuff thrown together in my 99 blazer. 99% of it is pretty cheap/crap, but it still manages to sound amazing...until I fried my alternator and it hardly starts anymore. I have 2 sony xplode speakers in the dash. 4x6's I think, that are halfway blown. 2 Pyramid 6 1/2 in the front doors. And then I did have 2 sony xplode 6 1/2's in the rear doors but I got pissed one day and took one of them out and put a screwdriver through it. so now I only have the driver side rear door that has a speaker. Also I have a ******* Pioneer 800 watt amp and 2 Kenwood 10's. I listen to everything from Cannibal Corpse to Basshunter, and it all sounds amazing I just have to keep messing with the stereo settings to make the different types of music sound right. I get the awsome lows of Basshunter and the great super fast double bass from the metal. My door/dash speakers have no bass quality whatsoever and that usually makes a system sound like crap when all the bass is relying on the subs. But it works for me for now. I'm slowly but surely upgrading everything....starting with the god@#$%^$ alternator =]

Old 12-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Kenwood 10" woofer in a vented box with 350 watt DB drive amp and it sounds clean and not overpowering. For metal music the system gives a nice double bass line addition behind the vocals/ guitar..all together i prob. spent under $300 for sub, box, ampand wiring.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Starting Member
brokenfish is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want well rounded sound i would suggest getting all new speakers and probabely a head unit. get a sub (notice I said "a") and run it all on amps.

I got a pioneer premiere hu. got that because once your amps are adjusted correctly you can do everything through the sterio there is so many settings I dont use half of them and dont really know what they do. I can even turn just the sub off and on with the sterio.

I have rockford punch 4x6" s in the dash 300w MTX amp with built in bass blockers. they hurt my ears if I dont have thesub to even them out.

rockford punch 5 1/4" s in the doors /w 300w MTX amp for mids.

and a rockford P1 10" /w a logic 300w amp for lows.

I listen to anything from slipknot to pig destroyer to les claypool and buckethead and I can hear everything and so can the third or forth car behind me too. no rap though don't like the talking fast with a rhythm idea doesnt work for me.

it was about $250 for the hu, $100 for the dash, $120 for the doors, $200 for box sub and amp, and $30 for the mtx's (garage sale)