Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

speakerss

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Beginning Member
redfyinix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speakerss

How do you remove the stock speakers in a 88 S10 Chevy Blazer? nd wher are they all located and what size are they?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

2 door? 4door? and you have to take panels off to get to your speakers

Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Should be 4X6 speakers in the dash at each corner and held in by 4 torx head screws and the rear speakers should 6X9 be by each side of the rear bench seat. Held in by 6 screws. Have to pull the ashtray to get at two of the screws and 4 around the speaker grill. Both the front and rear speakers are held on to th grills with nuts on the backside of the speaker grills.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

will some one kill me? i hate these questions so much when it comes from someone with 10 posts or less.

you read this...

https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/oem-speaker-sizes-24051/

WHICH IS STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THE LIST!

grab your tools. after that you go to your blazer and, open your door. set your tools on the passenger seat, remember to sit down and shut the door. sit down first though otherwise there may be some major issues. check your dash for... ah screw it mr vls knocked it out of the park.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:59 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

jshark.... relax... i'm a firm believer in the "search before you ask" belief but some people don't understand it.. its ok.

if you look, he or she has been here for 3 years and hasn't done anything really... let it go

Old 09-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Beginning Member
redfyinix is an unknown quantity at this point

so theres no speakers in the front door panels....i coulda sworn i heard sound comin from there?!?

p.s. j shark calm da hell down man...simple mistake yo

Old 09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

No door speakers on my 89 S15 Jimmy. (I'm original Owner) The only ones I see in the doors while cruising the junkyard for parts are aftermarket. Maybe later model years for 1st Gen had door speakers.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I don't know much about later models but my 84 has 4x6 speakers on top the dash and 6x9's behind the front seats. Removing and installation is very straight forward just look for a screw in each corner of the speaker cover.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know front door speakers were not a factory option in 1st gen (my truck is the final year of the first gen body and only had dash and rear door speakers) unless it was a rare option (mayhaps the bravadas? they seem to be more decked out than jimmy/blazers)