Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

stereo build

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Beginning Member
BIGDAVEEVADGIB is on a distinguished road
Default stereo build

right now i have a 92 jimmy, i got 2 kicker c15s with an alpine mrp-m500 powering them. i'm getting about high 130dBs with this. now im gettin 2 kicker 15-L7s and i plan on powering these with the alpine mrp-m2000. this amp draws around 180 amps so i'm looking at putting 2 alternators in just woundering if anyone has done this?? and how it's done??

Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i've never heard of anyone doing a double alternator but i have seen(and will do so myself soon) using the alternator off of an older escalade/tahoe... i know the link is to another forum but its the chevy forum and a lot of the guys there are here too...

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29220

sorry if i get yelled at

Old 01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MTopper
i've never heard of anyone doing a double alternator but i have seen(and will do so myself soon) using the alternator off of an older escalade/tahoe... i know the link is to another forum but its the chevy forum and a lot of the guys there are here too...

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29220

sorry if i get yelled at
That information can be found here as well...off road lights (as well as others --> search for AD244)

But if you are pulling 180amps with the system, you would either need a 200A alternator and run your system only at a high idle or go with two AD244's.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member

well ive got a 150 amp alternator on there now (blew up the stock one) and ordered another 250 amp alternator so hope fully my voltage wouln't drop i guess i'll have to wait and see.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:41 AM
BF Veteran

ok, i'm a member of chevy forums and asked if anyone upgraded their blazer alternator and that was the response i got from Davtak over there and i know he's on here too.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Beginning Member

alright guys thanks for the pointers got er all put together posting pics tomorrow

Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Beginning Member

Old 03-15-2010, 03:35 AM
BF Veteran

I'm impressed with the setup, are you running the same alternators as you said above? The 150 and 250?

Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Beginning Member

no i just got 2 150s for now next step im gonna get 4 fi btls

Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran

HOLY BASS!!!! what amp/amps are you going to run with that? and speakers going up front to balance the bass?

Quick Reply: stereo build