Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

stereo usb question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: stereo usb question?

My MP3 player is mounted right beside my stereo, all you need to do is memorize where the button is, and it's no different than seeking with the stereo, lol.

Most USB capable decks, treat the flash drive, or whatever you use, pretty much the same as an MP3 cd...

The exception being the Alpine USB block, which from what I've read, is only good for displaying a small portion of the songs on your storage device... and/or doesn't work with USB harddrives...

Theoretically speaking, you should be able to use an MP3 player with your deck, if you have the USB port... I know my Gigabeat, when connected to USB, and you turn it on, it goes into "drive mode" and you can either copy stuff to and from, with a PC, or, at least with my Xbox 360, use it for music playback.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Blaze GM4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you choose what song you can play. It's divided into "folders" and "song titles" which you can configure on your flash drive through Windows Media. The only thing i dont like is you can't change to a different folder by using the remote control... i have the older interior in my fullsize and i have to reach halfway across the truck to do that . Also if you have a regular mp3 player you can buy an RCA to HPJ adaptor and use the "auxillary input" and listen to music that way too. the model i have plays DVD's too but that's overkill i thinks.
Clarion decks aren't compadible with MP3 players via USB because they dont recognize other software or harddrives, shows up as "error 6". I know this because i spoke to them directly since this was the entire reason why i bought the deck. You can buy the extra hardware to interface your i-pod to the deck, also Sirius/XM satellite which are kept out of view and controlled by the deck, which is nice for a clean look but they don't have as many options as the higher end sirius units such as rewind.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

like music files on a dvd? thats 5.4 GB of music.... that would be awesome

Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

yep, some of the newer decks are dvd audio playable as well. i have a 60 gig portable usb harddrive on my KDADV38 in my honda. and it also plays dvd audio.

I have lots of music at my fingertips!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i should have waited when i bought my deck. theres so many that are way cooler or better than mine

mine says MP3/WMA on it. does that mean i can just burn the mp3 to the disc directly? can i fill up all 700MB or will i still have the 80min limit cd's have

Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 AM

That's a lot of music! But like i said, you can use the USB input andplay your musicthrough your flashdrive (i personally use a 4GB drive) The nice thing is your music can't be spoiled by scratching your flashdrive, this is such an awesome feature because i never took good care of my CD's. Plus, you can rip all your CD's and tranfer your entire library to a 4GB flash drive, well...i can anyway.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:27 AM

Sounds like you can. Windows media will tell you how much you can burn onto your disc, or whatever software you use.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

To make an MP3/WMA disc, you burn the files as you would if you were backing them up for PC use...

Instead of 82 minutes and 30 seconds of music, you get 700MB of MP3 storage...

Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran

ok thanks, i just burned a disc and im gonna go seeif it works.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Oh, so you're in Grande Prairie, that's only 2.5 hours away from where i live, i'm in Chetwynd, B.C.

Quick Reply: stereo usb question?