Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

stereo usb question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: stereo usb question?

I found http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc.htm this. I am not sure if you can control the track selection on your stereo, but with an adapter, you can connect a usb device to the rca plugs of a stereo. It's $50, a little pricey for me, so I think I am just going to nix the idea and just burn the songs on a cd when I get a chance.

*I just sent an email tot he company that makes it asking them if it will work the way I am intending it to work. Also will the names of the songs show up on my deck and will I be able to track select on my deck also. I have a auxilary plug plugged into it now with a headphone jack and I can contro lthe volume on my deck, so hopefully this works.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: Blaze GM4

Oh, so you're in Grande Prairie, that's only 2.5 hours away from where i live, i'm in Chetwynd, B.C.

Dwaaaa!

You're the closest person to me! lol

Been awhile since I've been out that way... Y'all still got that wicked corner on the way in? lol

ORIGINAL: davtak

I found http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc.htm this. I am not sure if you can control the track selection on your stereo, but with an adapter, you can connect a usb device to the rca plugs of a stereo. It's $50, a little pricey for me, so I think I am just going to nix the idea and just burn the songs on a cd when I get a chance.

*I just sent an email tot he company that makes it asking them if it will work the way I am intending it to work. Also will the names of the songs show up on my deck and will I be able to track select on my deck also. I have a auxilary plug plugged into it now with a headphone jack and I can contro lthe volume on my deck, so hopefully this works.

That looks to be basically another USB based soundcard... Though, at the price of audio cables these days... lol.

I doubt it will work, since it'll still need that +5V input to turn it on, and the software to make it work...

You might be able to hack an ipod or something like that to make it work... But not likely...

Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I give up looking. I am just going to nix the idea and waste my blank cd's. Bummer!

I think I am going to reroute a cig lighter to there and buy a billionton fm transmitter off of ebay for $40. They are the nicest ones I've seen. I might ask the next time I go to a car stereo place or compusa for the heck of it.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Blaze GM4 is an unknown quantity at this point

The only corner i can think of is East Pine Hairpin, just after East Pine Bridge. It's awesome flying through there when you have horsepower.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

I got a response from the company and they told me that it will not worrk for that and they do not know of anything that will work for this purpose. Oh well.

Will this work? I think it might, it is compatible with a flash drive and my pioneer headunit is a ip-bus headunit. Hmmmm-gonna have to email the company.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That should work... Search the interweb for reviews and such... It's kinda like the iPod cable deal, only for generic stuff, lol.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

that looks like it will work, but thats a LOT of money

Old 10-25-2007, 02:10 AM
BF Veteran

It can probably be had for cheaper, if you buy from a store, as opposed to direct from the manufacturer like that...

Old 10-25-2007, 09:16 AM

I checked ebay, and there is three listed right now with about 10 in the ebay stores. Average price is about 80 bucks, with a couple a little less than that. I am going to shop around, maybe amazon or craigslist and see if I can find one around 50-60 bucks. I'm excited now that I can possibly do this. I can't see the other side of the box, because I currently have a 6-disc changer plugged into the ip-bus outlet on the back of the deck. I am going to download the owners manual because I have an account with pioneer when I had to buy a new dial for my stereo. I'll see if it has a in ip-bus to link it up. I want to do this, but not right now. I am kind of broke. Probably not till after the holidays, or if I see one dirt cheap on ebay sometime until then. I know Circuit City sells them, but for 120 bucks. The stores are not any cheaper than the pioneer website. I don't care if I find a used one, just want one lol.

*Ask and you shall recieve. One just went up for bidding on ebay. Bad thig is it's only been up for a couple of hours and already has two bids.

**And yes, it does have a ip-bus in and an ip-bus out to link my cd changer up to it. Plus with the ip-bus and the changer, the track listings show up on my deck, so maybe it will work the same with my flash drive.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran

It should work with the flash drive...

Like I'd said earlier, my brothers stereo lists it just like an MP3 disc, as does the Apline USB box...

But at the very least, you'll be able to load it up with tunes, lol.

Just make sure your stereo supports the device... It might have the connection, but not the software for it..
After all, a 5 year old pioneer deck will have the same ip-bus connector on it, that a brand new one does...

Quick Reply: stereo usb question?