Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereos interchangable

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM
jeffery57 is on a distinguished road
Default Stereos interchangable

Can someone tell me what other GM stereos will fit into my 1997 Blazer?
Thanks!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately you're stuck with 1994-97 S10/Sonoma and 1995-97 Blazer/Jimmy and Bravada as a direct replacement.

Fortunately, they are not hard to find, just if you want the CD, the CD oplayers don't usually work but the radio works fine. I have a CD player from a 1996 Blazer sitting on my shelf but the CD mechanism needs replacing...There is a place on ebay that will replace the mech for $100.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jeffery57
Can someone tell me what other GM stereos will fit into my 1997 Blazer?
Thanks!
why not just go with a good aftermarket single din?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Starting Member

No offense, but I hate answers like that. There are several reasons not to go with an aftermarket unit.

Such as: They look tacky unless you get one of the expensive ones that actually fit...And you can't get one of those for a 1994-97.

Aftermarket units are the easiest to steal and resell. My truck was broken into and the $10 12 year old Pioneer was stolen out of it.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

See the link for an ebay listing for your vehical.

CHEVY BLAZER JIMMY S10 CD RADIO 1994-97 IPOD MP3 INPUT | eBay

Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Starting Member

I've bought from that seller. Definitely recommended.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer
No offense, but I hate answers like that. There are several reasons not to go with an aftermarket unit.

Such as: They look tacky unless you get one of the expensive ones that actually fit...And you can't get one of those for a 1994-97.

Aftermarket units are the easiest to steal and resell. My truck was broken into and the $10 12 year old Pioneer was stolen out of it.
what do u mean u cant get one for a 94-97? a dash installation kit? i have an 01 are they completely different from these?just curious i have a cheapie pioneer i bought at bestbuy and it dont look tacky in my opinion..

Last edited by Antbankz; 04-09-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Beginning Member
nellymerc is on a distinguished road

no idea why this site can't handle uploading pictures taken with an iPhone..need to adjust for that. in any case this is the stereo i put in my truck. I don't think it looks bad at all. you just have to get a nice dash kit and a decent looking head unit.
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Originally Posted by nellymerc
... in any case this is the stereo i put in my truck. I don't think it looks bad at all. you just have to get a nice dash kit and a decent looking head unit.
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Geezer who otherwise doesnt give a crap, sticking his nose in here....

I've had several aftermarkets in the past. They're fine if you dont mind the odd window /door /dash /wiring harness repairs on occasion. And I had cheap ones.
The last was stolen on the curb of a nice middle class white collar neighborhood. They even cut the factory harness before the adapter.

What? Someone already mentioned that! What a coincidence.

One of the most popular long threads on the old Mustang newsgroup was how to take the face of a stock Ford radio/cassette and stick it over the face of a recessed din aftermarket, when parked.

no idea why this site can't handle uploading pictures taken with an iPhone..need to adjust for that.
uumm no, they dont. I'm just an old guy but I've run web sites. If you had, you'd probably know they arent free.
Just because you cant figure out how to do an image redirect?
Flickr faq:
The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in the Share menu above the photo, to the right of the Actions menu. We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)
There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.
The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.
Permalink | Top
You might try the instagram app if that's easier than flickr

It works.. just posted pic of my granddaughter from that site. Took it off because I didnt have her permission, she's a minor and I dont need to hear comments. Good looking runs in the family, of course.

Last edited by pettyfog; 04-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Starting Member

1994-97 is totally different than 1994- and 1998+ and will not interchange with any other year or vehicle.

Here's one with a regular cassette player from a 1996 Grand Am.

Quick Reply: Stereos interchangable