Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stuck CD

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM
mai
mai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stuck CD

Hi,
The CD in my 2004 blazer is stuck. When I press eject i hear a clunky sound and nothing happens, the CD doesn't get out.
I tried removing it by inserting another CD, I tried tweezers, I tried holding the eject button, and tried taking the radio fuse off for a while. Nothing worked.
Any ideas pls!
Thank

Old 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Stuck CD

hmm tweezers or trying to fish it out with a toothpick or something is going to be your best bet. i havent had the problem before. you may have to remove the player and take it apart? might as well get a new deck if you have the stock one.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:47 PM
mai

I'll try removing the unit. Any idea if I need a security code after I remove it, take it apart and reinstall it?
Also, If that doesn't work and I end up needing to get a new one. Do I need to worry about the flashing light that is on the player? Is that for the car alarm?, and if so would I be able to replace the unit without losing the alarm? Do I have to get an OEM?

many thanks

Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to Audio/Visual* - leaving a link to this thread from 2nd Gen Tech.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this happen to me 2-3years ago. If it's an impotant CD>>Your gonna have to take that pig outta the dash!
Once removed,start diassembling the madness & once opened manually turn the plastic sprocket until CD backs out.
My advice DO-NOT put that particular stereo back in..get an new boomer.
...also UN-hooked battery when putting in new stereo(you will also need one of those dash-kits($30-is) & a wiring harness($25-ish) to hook it up properly.

NOTE: I don't know how different a '04 is from a '95.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blzR

...you will also need one of those dash-kits($30-is) & a wiring harness($25-ish) to hook it up properly.
If you buy from Crutchfield.com, they give you the dash kit and adapter harness (and installation instructions) for free.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: garry2000blazer
If you buy from Crutchfield.com, they give you the dash kit and adapter harness (and installation instructions) for free.

Must be a states thing, no such deal for me over in igloo land!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:20 PM
mai

Update;
i ended up taking the whole unit out and installing an aftermarket one. It took forever to disconnet the rear wiper switch then I read on this forum that you can simply push it out!!! Could have saved so much time and frustration.
I ended doing the wiring directly without a harness. There are two black wires from the car wires, I connected one of them to the ground (is this a problem? what is the other black wire for?). Also, I left a gray and purples wire disconnected (is this something I should worry about?)

many thanks for all the help and advice!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:29 PM

Also, I left a gray and purples wire disconnected
-----------------------------------------------

Grey should be for positve right,front speaker.
And i 'think' the purple is for the rear right speaker(this i don't know for sure though!)

Old 05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
mai

All speakers are working fine though! This post says I should ignore the brown and gray:
https://blazerforum.com/m_83055/tm.htm
More importantly, what are the two blacks for, are they both ground? Should I be concerened that I connected only one of them?

Quick Reply: Stuck CD