Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub positioning, box sizes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Beginning Member
bigbeast is on a distinguished road

Mtopper - I have way since removed the spare tire, bracket and all, as that is where the tweeter amp is mounted, and l also had to do so for a speaker box as stated in earlier discussions, I am not just lookin for a little bumb, Iam dressing up for competition, I am going in the direction of taba 5 with my box, and using BBP 6 for the tuning software, and hopefully plan on building my new box in the next 2 weeks. The DLS was an amp I acquired in earlier wheeling and dealing, i did not buy it, and sure not for what places ask online, it is a nice amp, but any other good names like PPI (the one I am running now, as discussed earlier), orion, etc, bump a little harder, but the DLS quality cant be beat by anyone, opening it up, and I have never seen such good workmanship in an amp, including orion and us amps, and the main power buss bar is in a category of it's own, it bumps nice, and is stable at 1/2 ohm, but is really meant to be hooked to 1 sub, with a matching one to the other sub, and actually performs quite excellent as a mid / high amp. hopefully..... I am in the process of trading my dls and ppi for an orion 2500d, we are negotiating via email off of craigs list, it is looking like a solid trade at this point, but I am in the middle of getting reddy for my sons birthday, so may not happen till later, or tomorrow. send them pics, I will try and get some of mine up soon, but keep in mind, my box is the small oem reccomended 1.5 cu ft per side (pre fabbed, came with subs when i got them off craigslist, and was in the back of a pickup originally, so there is the reason for such a small box to start with), v.s. the 3.0 cuft per side my software wants me to build, and i am trading up a set of amps.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

ok, i'm not trying to knock the equipment. from how i read it, you were going to be buying the dls, my apologies. i myself look for quality and price. i know dls is a great company, i have no personal experience in my vehicles but i have seen them in person and heard them, they are great. i assumed you were just going for the everyday drive with the capabilities to blow the doors off once in a while. good luck with your build

Old 08-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Beginning Member
bigbeast is on a distinguished road

It's all good man, it's a lot of reading sometimes, no biggy, yea, personally, I would never pay that price on the DLS, it is a nice amp, and if i could find another i would trade the PPI+ in a heartbeat just because of the power management that DLS has, I personally had never heard of them till I got this, but when he opened up the bottom to show me, I was amazed, and when i put it in my vehicle, it did the job just fine, although the PPI has more raw power, it is older, and dosen't support my 2 ga power wire as the DLS would, but I had got both at different times, on different deals, and now that I got good subs hat would support the power of both, I am just looking to trade those 2, for a bigger, but total comparable wattage of my two amps, currently have an offer of an orion 2500d and a RF T2001bd, really leanin toward the orion, mainly because it will match my subs, and secondly, cause RF ain't what they used to be, (but then again not to many of them are nowadays), and with a new company coming out every week, who really knows what shiny piece of chrome is really worth no more than a concrete brick that would put out more power...lol, i am 37 years old, and prefer to stick with the old skewl quality that I know, v.s. trying some of this stuff i have never heard of. now granted, I took an 8 year break in car audio when my son was born, but I agree, I look for quality like you, but would never pay for that DLS at sticker price. Yea, I hated the spare tire in the trunk, that was the first thing to go, and if by some odd chance i cant get ahold of my wife or a buddy to pick deliver it, I guess then I can call AAA to tow me home to my tire....lol

F.Y.I. to all, new and old in the hobby / addiction, JUST in case you have never heard of them, the link below is a great resource, especially for vehicle wiring diagrams, and their forums are full of answers, and a lot of more than willing responders just like here

http://www.the12volt.com/