Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 PM
04blazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sub question

i have an 04 four door blazer and i am looking to puta system in it. i listen to mostly rap so i am looking for something that bumps. i dont have a set price range, but i dont want to be spending too much money. i have heard good things about the Alpine Type-R both in the forum and through my research. from what i can see, they RMS at 500 and peak around 1000. what would be the best kind of amp to wire up to this? or if there is a better sub for the money, what would that be?

Old 11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: sub question

those are nice subs for the price. look for a refurb zx750.1 or 1000.1. build or have someone build a ported box for it. like about 5 cubes after disp tuned to 34 or so.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
04blazin is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know anything about ported boxes, so im not sure what those specs mean lol.

im sorry, im kind of a rookie when it comes to this stuff :-/

Old 11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

its ok, im a complete NOOB at this stuff but these guys have really been patient and helped me out a lot.

if you are getting two subs, you would probably want a 1000 watt amp like the kicker zx1000.1 listed above.

the box that hillbilly was describing meant a box that had 5 cubic feet of air in it (+the physical volume of the sub) and to tune the box to 34Hz. if iunderstand everything these guys say, i think that means to tune it so the box's resonant frequency is at 34Hz which would make it sound good.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

i think that means to tune it so the box's resonant frequency is at 34Hz which would make it sound good.
it means tune the port to 34hz

Old 11-29-2007, 05:52 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

so whats the difference in a 34Hz port and a 44Hz port? besides size

i mean, what exactly does a 34Hz port do?

Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 PM

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/

everything you should need to know you can find on that link. Just a bit of reading, thats all.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran

thanks bob, i got lostat this part

Lv = (23562.5*Dv^2*Np/(Fb^2*Vb))-(k*Dv)

but im trying to learn! you guys seem to have an infinite wealth of reading materials you keep throwing at us

Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 PM

ports tuned at different frequencies will yield different response graphs.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Type Rs are terrific subs for the price. And while 500 is the RMS most say they can handle up to 1k daily, if that matters.

Quick Reply: sub question