Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

subs

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: subs

specs say that it is 200 RMS X 2 and 500 RMS X 1, my alpines are 200 RMS each and i have two. so why would my amp be underpowering them? seems to be jus right?

Old 08-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

wasnt saying that you were underpowering your subs. my comment was towards the guy with the JL

Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet if the sony was benched it would be less. are those single 4 ohm subs?

I bet a new amp would be in your best interest.

I ran a 12" type e a couple years back and I really liked it for the price.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I would definitely put a kicker against a type R any day of the week... My local dealer sells mostly kicker and alpine.... he only sells alpine head units in the store, but can order anything........ when I bought my last kickers I asked which was better and he said it is too close to tell...... same box, same amp, one with Alpine's and One with CVR's.... side by side, there wasn't any sound difference, and I mean we cranked them...lol I ended up with the kicker subs because they seem to take less power to get the loud bass than the alpine's do...

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

hehe, lets see a 10" kicker comp pull off 150db.......just buggin ya
Ive got 2 of them not currently in my blazer, and I would bet, with the right amp, that they would do it.....

Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran

thats why type rs are great.......they can take twice their rated rms wattage daily, and then some.

just think.......pat was running 14k watts to an 18 and hit a 155.......

Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: a_tack

Ive got 2 of them not currently in my blazer, and I would bet, with the right amp, that they would do it.....
i dont think you would quiet hit a 150, but you might hit a 140 at the headrest.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 AM
BF Veteran

a 150 with kicker comps would be quite impressive.

you need to much power to hit 150.....

Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
ForkliftJeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately get the Type R with DVC. I have a 10" running from an Alpine MRP-M350 and it is awesome. My buddy had 2 Type E's and mine was way louder and clearer. I just need a better box. The R's magnet is so bloody big it wont fit in my current box so I have it mounted backwards. I think it looks better that way anyway. But my box is still crap, the sub blows it apart over time. I haven't got it mounted yet cause I just boughtmy 99 Blazer. Hopefully this weekend I can get it mounted. Or next weekend on payday since I dont have a head unit yet.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 AM
mdk681 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see some JL love! Check out the 12w3v3's... Very solidsub with a lower RMS wattage, and very affordable. I have 2 and they have lasted me longer than anything else (Kappa Perfects, Type-R's, Eclipses). They sound incredible sound quality wise, and if you wanna get loud you will have no problems.
Check em' out and maby look for some reviews online!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: mdk681

Let's see some JL love! Check out the 12w3v3's... Very solidsub with a lower RMS wattage, and very affordable. I have 2 and they have lasted me longer than anything else (Kappa Perfects, Type-R's, Eclipses). They sound incredible sound quality wise, and if you wanna get loud you will have no problems.
Check em' out and maby look for some reviews online!
im not really a JL fan, but those 12w3v3's are actually running in my home audio setup right now. they sound decent, but will be replaced soon!

Quick Reply: subs