Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

which subs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

well i think itd be better then the 5 channel tis20 t510pk + that cerwin has a bass **** with it

Old 06-16-2013, 04:48 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

It's your money, so do what you will, but you'll get more from the enclosure than you will upgrading the amplifier. You have to DOUBLE the power to make a 3db gain in output and 3db is barely audible.

As for the enclosure, see how this tickles your fancy. Again, 5cuft NET tuned to 32hz with 87sqin of port area, center rear firing with subs up. Measures 36" W x 27" D x 16" H

Here's what it COULD look like finished.

Here's the cutsheet.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:59 PM

thanks a alot AL. So 1 4ftx8ft sheet on 3/4 mdf should be enough right? im mathed out for the day XD

Old 06-16-2013, 05:08 PM

also if i get that amp would it be safe to wire my MTXs 2 ohm so ill have like 250w going to each?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Steve-o
thanks a alot AL. So 1 4ftx8ft sheet on 3/4 mdf should be enough right? im mathed out for the day XD
I believe it should, I would grab up a second just in case a cut or two goes wrong. Just to be prepared.

Originally Posted by Steve-o
also if i get that amp would it be safe to wire my MTXs 2 ohm so ill have like 250w going to each?
With two 4 ohm SVC subs your only option is 2 (parallel) or 8 (series) ohms. Connected parallel for a final 2 ohm load would be fine, but like I said, I really doubt you'd notice any real difference.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 PM

thank alot once again, ill be shure to refer my friends to you, but of course ill alow you to charge them a fee :P

Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 AM

should i put 45 angles or keep the 90 degree?

Old 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM

You can 45 it if you want to, not a problem. I just drew up something quick and simple to build for you since it seemed to be temporary with the talk of going with 15's. If you're going to stick with the 12" size then I can draw you up something a bit more involved.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM

im thinking about sticking with 12s, think i might get that crescendo and 2 12 FI SSA's. so yea if there is something better, but ill probly be cutting the board tomarrow, so i could always big a better one for the FI's latter on down the road

Last edited by Steve-o; 06-18-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:35 PM

Oh yes, I can design a much nicer enclosure. Flush mounted, bracing, etc. are all doable. Hell if you were up for building it and buying the supplies I could even design it with plexi windows if you wanted like I did for my Jimmy and my van. The sky is the limit, all you have to do is imagine it.

As for sticking with 12's, I think that's a good idea myself. 15's are nice to play with, but in a daily driver that you want to use for other stuff the size of the enclosure for a pair of 15's or some build that requires an even larger enclosure it just becomes cumbersome, annoying and just in the way. At least with a box for a set of 12's, if you had to pull it out it wouldn't be too problematic, anything larger would be a real pain.

Quick Reply: which subs.