Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Subs under rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subs under rear seat

I tried searching and couldn't find anything so here goes. Has anyone ever tried to put a sub, or subs under the rear seat on a 4dr Blazer. If so, what type of box, and what is the largest sub(s) can you fit there. I want better lows, but need every inch of cargo space.

If it helps, it's an 04, 2wd and I listen to all types of music, but I'm heavy into Jazz and don't care much for bump bump. What I really want is to fill the air space, you know, make the music feel full.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Never seen anyone do that, myself. There isn't much room under the seats, even on the 4 door. I've been wrong before, though.
Have you thought about just putting a sub on the passenger side behind the rear wheel-well, or bulge, whatever it's called?

Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Im sure it would work. Guys put 8" subs in the center console. As for fitment, grab a measuring tape and go take a look. There are plenty of shallow mount subs out. The box is gonna be that hard part. Plus where will the amp go?

Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Starting Member

That may be what I end up doing, but I would lose a lot of lows when the cargo area was packed.

I would plan on putting the amps under the front seats. What kind of shallow subs would you recommend

Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I really looked into this before I bought my sub. I dont know how much difference there is between the space under a 4dr and a 2dr but there is no way you could fit a sub under the seat in a 2dr. My skinny amp wouldnt even fit under there and still have the ability to lay the seats down. Id look into the JL stealth box or just a very skinny truck box much like the one I bought.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for all the help everyone. And SIFD, I have never lowered my seats. There are usually 4 people and a good amount of cargo/luggage in little blaze.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

then you actually might be able to get an 8 under each seat if you dont want to be able to lay them down. You would have to build some custom boxes though.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well what is your price range. I could suggest a dual sub for like $30 but its gonna sound like crap! Pioneer has good ones at like $150-$200 or the MB Quart is supposed to be really good with lows. eBay has them for $90. Kicker is the only reputable company who have an 8" shallow mount.

You could also get like 40 Funky Pups (google it)

Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Starting Member

Budget would be in the 2-3 hundred each max. My main musical taste tends to be Jazz and classic rock. I don't want a lot of thump, just fuller, cleaner sound.

And thanks for the quick and excellent replies.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the measurements of the box's in mind. Fab up some out of cardboard and put them under the seats and well "test out" the back seat, no pun intended. If it smashes it won't work. I'd say it's possible. I talked to a guy that had a 88 Toyota mr2. Two seater rear engine, took a crane to cut my 6'2 280 pound self out of it. And although he said it's impossible for a sub box, he ended up getting 2 6.5 inch bass tubes that fit.

They put 2 12's in lambos nowadays. Anythings possible. If all else fails I'd say since your not looking to bump bass mekanik or jay-z, you could always put 6.5 mid basses in the back doors, just make sure to build a small box or baffle to put in the door. Then add another couple 6x9 if you are missing highs in the back. It might be frustrating but I say it's very possible. Then agian I'm a car audio nut and think all vehicles are capable of a full range soundscape. lol

Quick Reply: Subs under rear seat