Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Subwoofer + 2 amps possible??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:41 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subwoofer + 2 amps possible??

Is it possible to add a sub and two amps ( one for the sub, one for interiors ) to my Alpine 9852 headunit? I'm not sure if it has everything needed for expanding, it was a cheap'ish deck... thanks in advance!

And if there is a full guide on installing everything into a 2003 kia spectra sedan like this one that'd be wonderful! https://blazerforum.com/m_77211/tm.htm

I'm getting sick of waiting for this thing to sell and i'm really in need of a nice sounding system, which i'll just transfer out whenever it sells ( I have heard these cars are a b*tch to take apart [ the dash ] )

[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Subwoofer + 2 amps possible??

It would be a pain to do with that deck, but not impossible. YOu will need to have a subwoofer amp (mono) that has a input (rca) as well as an output (RCA) then use Y adaptors to split the signal to a 4 channel amp or wo channel amp.

On the car,

no nice one with pics. but here goes

Remove two screws from gauge cluster area. unsnap the top portion of the steering wheel column cover,(part that covers the top of the column,) just unslap the rest of the dash panel and remove it. 4 screws holding the factory HU in. Not hard at all.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 AM

Thanks man, would you have any recommendations for amps?? And one more thing, when I went to pick my car up from cartoys ( had them install the deck, unfortunately ), it wasn't ready, and I saw that he had the steering wheel dropped, and he had said something about the heater controls being a pain, did this guy just do it the hard way?

I have a pair of 5x7 kappas and a pair of 6.5' kappas, and I have a brand new type-R sitting around, it's a 4ohm 12'... And I realize you are putting your own free time to helping me out so no rush man... I'm looking to spend around $150ish for each amp, if that's enough. [&:]

[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Administrator

No, it is kind of a pain, but not really. you will see, not a big deal at all.

For the speakers, this is a nice amp, will push those beautifully,
http://www.google.com/products?q=754...earch+Products

and for the sub, my guess is that it is a dual 4 ohm voice coil, so you will be looking for decent power at 2 ohms, maybe a refurb Kicker ZX750.1. that would slam, but you would have to build a correct box for it. maybe MTX TC6001.

No problem man, i enjoy this!! And i could probably come up with more ideas on amps, but im tired!! I'll look into it more tom for ya!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 AM

After thinking about it I may just get one of these to hold me over, do you have any opinions on these little things, or if it's worth it to spend the extra cash on the $289.00 one, as far as installation goes, if it's really simple, I may just get one, once I got it, do I just plug it into the back of the deck and it's ready to roll? I've heard one of the basslinkII's ( $289 ) and in my opinion sounded pretty decent, if the $209 one sounds good, i'll go with that one to save my money, and maybe just give it to my nephew this next christmas or something!

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=3368

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=1499
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Administrator

I have heard both of them, and i was pleasantly surprised by the sound. Not real loud, but very nice, accurate clean bass. I sell the standard Basslink, and I have instaled a great deal of them. Very nice!.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:41 PM

What else would you recommend buying along with the basslink, or does it come with everything needed? ** And, it would be much easier to install than my sub and an additional two amps right
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

you will still need an amp kit, prob 8 gauge wire. Its just like installing an amp and subs. are you scrapping the idea of amping and replacing the speakers?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM

I already have the speakers in my car, I was just thinking it might be a little bit of a hassle to install everything ( two amps and sub ) and having to reverse the work when the car sells, but if it's about the same amount of work to install a basslink as it is everything else then I may as well do it all, was just thinking a basslink might be a lot easier for a temporary fix in my lack of bass, seems like the 5x7' kappas put out almost zero bass, while the 6.5' put out decent bass
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 AM

Okay here's another thought, i'm thinking for now, just amping my interiors, because i'll be able to carry it over and re-use, here's my exact setup right now, what amp would you recommend for $150~175? Heh, sorry for my constant change in direction, also, the 5x7's almost sound bad running off the deck, the 6.5's sound alright, that's normal, even for a good speaker, right? I'm hoping they sound a lot better once amped.

Alpine 9852 hu

Front- 6.5' infiniti kappa
Top Mount Depth: 2 InchesSensitivity: 95 dBRMS Power Range : 2-75 WattsPeak Power Handling: 225 WattsImpedance: 2 OhmFrequency response: 45-25000 HzDesign: 2 WayWoofer Composition: Plus One woven-glass-fiber Tweeter Composition: M.M.D. Diameter: 6.5 Inch

Reardeck- 5x7' infiniti kappa
Top Mount Depth: 2-1/4 InchesSensitivity: 94 dBRMS Power Range : 2-100 WattsPeak Power Handling: 300 WattsImpedance: 2 OhmFrequency response: 40-25000 HzDesign: 2 WayWoofer Composition: Plus One woven-glass-fiber Tweeter Composition: M.M.D. Diameter: 6x8 Inch
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Subwoofer + 2 amps possible??