Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:21 PM
01blazer4d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestions?

I just got my Blazer and im wanting to fix it up a bit.
I want to add a body kit, put a system in it, and other stuff like that.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Suggestions?

for a system, you have to be a little specific on what you are wanting and lookin for!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Look in the photo gallery at others rides, you can do all sorts of stuff.

Tires, Wheels, Headlghts, Taillights, Exhaust, on & on.

Have fun.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

if your interested in audio hit me up and i can help you out with subs and amps....

oh and say no to the body kit lol[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

go with a system first. if 2wd drop it and throw some rims on it, if 4x4 lift it and put it on 35's

Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 AM
skibby171 is an unknown quantity at this point

ROOKIE! Just got an '03 blazer a couple months ago. I used to be a coupe guy, now I'm a truck man. I just need a little direction with my new vehicle.

I'm looking for suggestions on setting up a system that won't compromise my cargo space. I've got 2 10" sony xplods. I would like to put them in a box and still be able to use the fold down bench seat. I'm willing to just use 1 sub. Anotherproblem is my fifth wheel is in the cargo area. I wish it was outside but I can't justify spending money to get it there. Also, I'd like a head unit that's made to fit blazers, a decentamp thatis easilyconcealed, and some mid's & hi's.

Another problem I'm facing is performance upgrades. I have a Carmax warranty that limits the hell outta what I can & can't do. I'm under the impression that new tires may be as far as I can go (for now). If I get tires, they have to match the TPC spec. Is it possible to get some kind of 4x4 tire that can match the spec.? I just want a tire that looks a little more agrressive then the factory, but useful when driving around construction sites. So far, the 4wd has given me the peace of mind knowing that my new truck is a tough little bastard!

I appreciate any help and hopefully my posts will be short & sweet in the future!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:28 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

if you want more aggressive with stock size and spec look at the BFGoodrich All-Terrain...

Old 09-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Blazer Forum! I should tell you (before a moderator does) its best to watch your French here.

All-Terrain tires are your best bet for tires. Most Blazers are equipped with all seasons from the factory so many ATs will look more agressive. BF Goodrichs look really agressive but they are priced on the high end from what i've seen. I use Dunlop Radial Rover RVTs and they have a more agressive look and are reasonably priced.

Personally, I would throw those Sonys in the trash or sell them to some ricer boy and invest in aspace friendly powered sublike the Basslink II, but a single 10" sealed enclosure is what you'll probably want since it isn't that much bigger.Do you mean an oversized deck when you say "a head unit that's made to fit blazers"?

Old 09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

theres single and double din sizes, the most common is the single din.

both will fit, i think.

and its pretty hard to hide an amp in a blazer......especially one running subs, since it will need a fair amount of breathing room to get rid of the heat. I wouldnt suggest craming it somewhere.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
skibby171 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great advice everyone, I appreciate it!

For Mr Blazer LT; I believe oversized deck is correct. I just don't want to install those black pocket spacer things. I guess I'm trying to say I want a deck that has the same height as the factory's. The xplods were a $20 purchase in a garage sale.My last car had2 10" infiniti.... kappas,I think (they were the blue quartz filled model). I guessed the xplods would be close to my last pair, but if you say they're garbage that might be where the end up. I just like a quality sounding system with enough "clear" bass to impress myself and passengers. What size amp would you suggest for the basslink if I wanted to run other speakers off it as well (if that's recommended at all)? Also, any suggestions on mid-range & hi-range speakers?

-Thanks

Quick Reply: Suggestions?