Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

summer wall build

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 AM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road
Default no more summer wall build.

A while back I posted a thread about a summer wall build. Well, here's what happened. The guy that I was going to have build it decided that he wanted to try to rip me off and use some cheap subs. So I kinda strayed away from that idea. I ended up going with 4 12" kicker comps. Yes I know they arent the best but they are decent enough for me. I've kept my original amp which is a Kenwood 1800 watt. The amp is seeing a 1 ohm load with all 4 subs. It sounds very good for being entry level. I'll come back later with some pics and maybe even a vid .

Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

honestly, its not always the equipment that makes the system. its the person doing it, the quality of the build, and quality of the tune.

i could take my 12w7 and make it sound like sh** and a single CVR and make it sound like king. it all depends on the person building it ya know?

and good call on staying away from shade *****

Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto what MTop said. Four 12's and that amp should be able to do some good damage with a properly designed box and port tuning.

Plus you don't need huge subs and 243 billion watts to make some noise...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOu8...eature=related

Old 08-27-2010, 10:48 AM

well i had some time today to make a very short clip of what was all installed. yes there is two separate sub boxes but thats because the box that i did build was left out in the rain. but for two pre-fabed boxes i love how it sounds. idk if im going to build another box yet but if i do its going to be ported for sure. heres your sneak peak http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1huZbFIcZw

Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 PM
BF Veteran

not bad man. i'd still go for ported with those subs. my buddy had 2 12 CVRs in his monte carlo trunk and they sounded great

Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Starting Member
whyteb0y is on a distinguished road

I was going to say, 500 for Coustic subs and a box? That's re****ingtarded. Looking on eBay, the MOST expensive subs Coustic makes were only like 74 dollars shipped, brand new. That's 444 for just the woofers, and a box doesn't cost **** to build.

When I do my setup, I'm looking at 6 PPI 12's, a HiFonics mono amp... the box I'll build myself. But, for the 12's and box, it'll be less than 400 dollars. All brand new stuff. I'm not going to build a wall, just something that sits as high as the seats, probably sealed...

I hate people that charge an arm and a leg to build a box. It doesn't cost more than 50 in materials for a good, solid box. That's wood, caulking, screws, and carpet.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:21 AM

eh, its about am $80 total for all that. but i buy the biggest sheets of 3/4 inch mdf. those run about 35 a piece. plus i buy gorilla clue so thats a little more expensive. and yah i build my own boxes but this guy i thought i could trust. and the subs you where lookin up on ebay where the ones he wanted me to get. but ive realized my comps are worth more and sound alot better. ill be doing another sub and box upgrade after i get tired with this setup.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 AM
BF Veteran

Honestly, 500 for box and subs, no matter what brand would be a deal if he built a good box that coulf stand up to constant abuse and look good. but if it were just a simple single chamber box, then not so much. either way I say more props for doing it yourself.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper
Honestly, 500 for box and subs, no matter what brand would be a deal if he built a good box that coulf stand up to constant abuse and look good. but if it were just a simple single chamber box, then not so much. either way I say more props for doing it yourself.
im sure it would have been a decent box but im kinda glad i didnt find out lol. and yah, id much rather do all my own work since i know what im doin plus it saves me loads of money.

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Ditto what MTop said. Four 12's and that amp should be able to do some good damage with a properly designed box and port tuning.

Plus you don't need huge subs and 243 billion watts to make some noise...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOu8...eature=related

for 2 8's thats amazing. and yah i know what you mean about the box being designed right. even tho for now mine are prefabed..

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-31-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your and use the multi-quote feature to reply to more than one person.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran

I hear you on doing it yourself for money. Although I haven't finished mine yet. Installing all my stuff saved me well over a grand for what I wanted done. For speaker install, sound deadener install, custom box, and amp rack, my local shop quoted me at 1150 and no car for 3 days. I can drive my car around while working on it by doing the garage install and I know how everything is wired, secured, and plugged in. The only thing I didn't do was install the zero gauge through the firewall. Everything else was me. Imscrewed will tell you the same thing and I'd trust his word any day

Quick Reply: summer wall build