Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

summer wall build

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

i own a caraudio shop in peoria and i would charge $500+ to just build a wall. our sub boxes custom made start at $250+ if i fiberglass it starts at $300+..

door im working on..

rear deck i did about a week ago..

box i did for a truck under seat...

trunk i did this summer..

wall of subs ..

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-31-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has not responded prior to waiting 24 hours.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:33 PM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road

that trunk with the cvrs is very clean. hmm well since im not too far from there maybe ill have to stop by and see what the deal is

Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MTopper
Imscrewed will tell you the same thing and I'd trust his word any day
flattery will get you everywhere Mr Topper, kiddin. I've had more problems with "professional" installs than trouble shooting my own installs. Running amp power and rcas is something I don't like doing and don't mind letting someone else do as long as they do t right and it looks good. If I do it I like to remove seats to make it easier. But no one touches my headunit and amps settings but me! lol. I haven't been to a professional installer for audio work since 2002 or 2003. Not saying shops are bad, they have knowlede and can be a great help when you are unsure of a project. But the couple around my house made circuit city look like a JL assembly plant, rofl!

I'm on my phone in Mobile Alabama on vacation, and for some reason those vids you posted ain't runnin on my phone, but I'll check them out when I get back home. Glad you got some beat in the blazer!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol I've never been to a proffesional place, I can't bring myself to pay someone to do something when I could do it myself... even thou wiring is a pain. I'd like to work at a car audio place part time seems like it would be fun

Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's fun for about the 1st month then you get sick of installing the same crap over and over and fighting with customers over the bill when they think you ripped them off for a custom fiberglass install. I have probably $10,000 worth of car audio gear in my room and basement that isn't installed anywhere because I hate doing it already from working on peoples disgusting messes they call cars,very often cars come in you have to clean the damn things before you work on them. Not joking on the gear either Its all in piles all over the place here. Eventually this summer I have to do an install on my Canyon because Phoenix Gold gave me some amps from their new line up to do an article about me on their website,I was gonna start this weekend but got sidetracked with racing.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:10 AM

here is a small sample of some of my amps

Ever watch the show hoarders? thats me but its all car audio all over my house.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xmradioguy
It's fun for about the 1st month then you get sick of installing the same crap over and over and fighting with customers over the bill when they think you ripped them off for a custom fiberglass install. I have probably $10,000 worth of car audio gear in my room and basement that isn't installed anywhere because I hate doing it already from working on peoples disgusting messes they call cars,very often cars come in you have to clean the damn things before you work on them.
true on the most part i will charge more if i have to clean and i tell them on the spot before work, most of the time they will pay for us to clean it or they take it and clean it then bring it back.(thers a car wash next to us..haha). All our customers are told the price before work and i have them pay upfront or half down on labor but all audio/parts is paid for before install. On the ave. our custom installs run 1.5 to 3k and thats every thing depending on the audio that they pick out.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 AM

Our customers are also told labor rates and how many hours it will take and pay for all the gear before an install will start.They sign an agreement authorizing us to work on the car and agree to the estimate and agree that extra costs may occcure within reason (usually for cleaning a vehicle sometimes extra labor for custom stuff or materials). We hold all vehicles in the install bay until the bill is paid and we are legally allowed to do that with the garage keepers lien act. Also our install shop is at a different location from the store so they can't just walk in to the back and jump in the car. I get a phonecall if someone is coming to the shop to get a car.

Last edited by xmradioguy; 09-07-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:53 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xmradioguy
Ever watch the show hoarders? thats me but its all car audio all over my house.
Well then, ever seen the show "Pickers"? I'm gonna come pick at your house, lol! Really though I love finding car audio at pawn shops and yard sales and the such. Never know when you'll find a relic from the glory days of car audio.

I could see it getting old after a while being an installer. That's like the show "Unique whips". I thought it would be awesome to work for shop like that. But then I noticed they always do Alpine HU, JL subs and amps, Strut grilles, Stinger wire, pirelli tires, same thing on EVERY SINGLE CAR. That would get stale pretty quick.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

the shop i go to is always doing installs but its never the same install.

Pioneer HU
Alpine HU
Kenwood HU

Alpine, Kicker, JL, Pioneer, DB drive, Focal speakers

Alpine, Kicker, JL amps

JL, Kicker, Alpine, DB drive subs

Tvs and radars. every and anything audio.

they have 5 locations and a custom shop where they do all the extreme stuff. they do great work.

anyways.... Slammed, if you build an actual box for the subs that isn't two prefabs it'll sound much better IMO. good luck with it

Quick Reply: summer wall build