Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

system pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Holy crap, that was cool with the second vid.

I hope your truck is not like the many I always see where I hear trunk and metal rattling over top of the music.

Just bugs the **** out of me. Those people I wish their car would just blow up. Would be more entertaining to watch the fire than listen to their car make more noise than there sound system.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:20 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

pretty hard to avoid with big power. obviously sounds completly different in the cab.

and i still have 1 layer of edead on the side panels and 2 on the doors.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I had the chance to sit in a sunfire a while back that had the body entirely wrapped in that sound deadening wrap...(forget the name, sorry..same type of stuff you're talking about). It had 6 10"s in the back....and holy f'n crap...lol, that thing was f'n amazing.
The wrap added something ridiculous like an extra 500lbs to the car, but man was it ever worth it. The stuff works prety well

Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran

id really like to do the floor and get rid of some road noise.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Looks good, and it sounds better now too right? If you deaden more, get some of that sound absorbing foam they sell. It does help cut the road noise a lot.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good, need some deadening bad... Spray foam inbetween the braces will kill that roof flex to.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

12" Diamond D3 800W dual 4OHM. Doesnt look like much, but it weighs about 20lbs and hits HARD.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Thats nice...I like how clean it is.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:36 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 01vortec
looks good, need some deadening bad... Spray foam inbetween the braces will kill that roof flex to.
foam will not kill any of the flexing. deadening wont do anything for the flexing either. To stop flexing, the roof will have to be reinforced with stronger metal. either that, or remove the subs.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 AM
BF Veteran

or i could just wedge a 2x4 from the floor to the roof.....deadner is expensive and very time consuming, i can live with OTHER people hearing my rattles.....sounds great inside and thats all i care about.

Quick Reply: system pics