Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

System Wiring ????'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Beginning Member
RegSo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default System Wiring ????'s

I am still fairly new to Blazers i have an 03 2 door which i really like alot.

my question is....im wondering How hard will it be to run wires (power wires) from the Battery to the cargo area where my subs will be. I plan on going some what big, most likely an amp pulling 2500 watts for my Resonant Engineering SX's...Since im gonna be drawing a good amount of power, I plan on going 0 gauge for the wire.

I would like to know whats the best way to run this also

any and all help Is appreciated

Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 AM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: System Wiring ????'s

run it down the passenger side...the floor plastic things just pop up so you can hide the o/1 gauge wire

[/align]

Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly. I Used to install that kind of stuff at Nobody Beats The Wiz. When they were in CT

Old 01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, i dont know what cars these guys are talking about. Personally, i think running power wire in two doors is a pain, especially 1/0....Wiring to the B Pillar is no problem, Its once you get to the back seats thats a pain. I found the best way to do it is to take out the passenger seat and back seats...Sounds like a lot of work but it will save your aggrivation in the long run...

Old 01-11-2008, 11:57 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

YES Thats def the way to do it the correct way

Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Beginning Member
RegSo is an unknown quantity at this point

what exactly is the B pillar?

how do I run the wire through the Firewall, will i need to drill holes?

I was thinking When i do figure out how to get the wire from the battery through fire wall i would have to take out the seats and run wire under the carpet, would i have to do that?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting through the firewall is simple. On the Passenger floorboard at the firewall there is a large grommet that your antenna wire runs through, you can use this to get through...If you have the tools and you want to make the job easier, taking out at least the back seats is a good idea. I usually take out the passenger and rear seats.

Edit: the "B" pillar is the pillar that your driver and passenger seat belts are mounted to...

Old 01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

in the front passenger seat, if you pull the carpet down a little ways, there is a big rubber grommet with the antenna wire going through it. you can either use that hole or drill a new one. there is some plastic trim along the side of the car between the edge of the carpet and the metal from the car. it simply pops out and you can run the wire under there, i had to break a few tabs along the way to fit my 4ga wire but 0ga should fit. you shouldnt have to take out the seats or the carpet but im sure it would make it easier, im not sure what the rear interior of a 2dr looks like, but i ran the wire under the trim all the way to the rear cargo area and drilled a hole in the plastic and poked the wire out of it.

as far as the B-pillar, the pillars that support the roof are labeled A-B-C-D from front to rear

Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Those are some CRAZY MSPaint skills there! Here's a link to a thread with actual pictures of the grommet location.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:10 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

the problem w/ wiring th e2 door i have is hiding the wire right at the little compartment. i couldn't get my wire under it completely i have about a 1/2' showing so i colored it black with a sharpie and and you cant even see it

Quick Reply: System Wiring ????'s