Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Technology and your Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Beginning Member
Curt B is on a distinguished road
Default Technology and your Blazer

I'm an old fart who's first auto stereo upgrades were adding an underdash cassette to an am radio in the 70's and am blown away with the recent upgrade to my Blazer. Starting my vehicle while the Alpine home screen shows "windows phone connected ",having every song I've ever heard available thru the usb stick, playing music and answering calls thru my phone wirelessly, dialing on the touchscreen, and watching music DVD's is just way too easy. No wonder Furd is selling vehicle's on these features alone. Updating my winter ride with these goodies has made the commute way more enjoyable and recommend it to anyone.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Beginning Member
OhioLefty is on a distinguished road

What Alpine deck did you install? Do you have any pics?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

was it expensive?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Beginning Member

The head unit I bought was an Alpine IVE-W535HD on sale locally for $300. Here's the info:

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

What I learned was that fitment requires no trimplate as I just put some skid tape around it and the easiest way would have been to scavenge the mounting tabs from the stock radio as I saw someone did after. Here's how it looks along with my USB mount and the position of the touchscreen relative to the driving position means virtually no reaching.

Attached Thumbnails Technology and your Blazer-1.jpg   Technology and your Blazer-2.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

man that things fancy

Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Beginning Member
OhioLefty is on a distinguished road

Very nice! A steal for $300!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

I agree, great grab for $300. I like that (aluminum?) surface mount USB port as well. Is that what comes with the unit or did you find that somewhere?

That unit has terrific EQ, Crossover and Time Alignment adjustability. Very nice unit for any setup no matter how big or small.

Last edited by altoncustomtech; 01-03-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys. I made the USB mount out of a scrap pc. of aluminum. At first I was looking for a deck that had a front USB input but in hindsight that would have been in the way sticking out of the dash and IMO it's much cleaner having it down below and almost out of sight. The stock speakers sound fantastic with this unit so changing them or adding a sub appear to be unnecessary.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

You think it sounds good now, wait until you hear it with decent speakers. I like the way you mounted the usb port. I have been thinking of mounting one in the cd holder in the console but I may like the lower dash better.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Old Fart indead. I too was looking for a front mount USB as they sell thumbs just 1/8" out from the facia. Man does that look tight, dope, fat, Or hep, groovy nifty! Just think it wasnt too long ago that they put electric self starters on our Chevys.

Quick Reply: Technology and your Blazer