Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Are these subs good for the money?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:35 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are these subs good for the money?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6958861

I know i know its walmart but are they good for the money, they have good reviews

Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

To tell you the truth I would stay away from walmart audio. If you want to stay low budget and still sound decent pioneer's premier line isnt bad. Also JL Audio just came out with a W0v2 which sounds pretty good and is only $100.00. Might want to check that out.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I have one of these and couldn't be happier. Ya I'll admit you won't wake up the neighbours but it'll definitely harm your hearing... alot.

What I love the most though is the fact that I can remove it in 30 secondsn when I need the extra space, especially with my MacGyver style sub mount. It does come with a straps and mounting hardware, but I really didn't feel like drilling into the floor of my truck.

I find it to be great value and if you don't want to put the money ou for a deck at this point, it sounds good with the factory head unit too (just sounds 10x better with my new Fusion deck). I was so impressed I bought a Fusion FD-245 deck to go along with it. (at a steal, 120dollars for a 300 dollar deck, gotta love buying non-current.)

Last edited by oktain; 08-18-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Crutchfield.com FTW

Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

crutchfield is overpriced on everything....what is your budget on a sub and I can help you out. $100 for a JL w0 is too much as well

Old 08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I've got two of them in my Blazer, they sound pretty amazing. If you want I'll get some pictures and maybe an audio or video clip of them for ya.

Edit: Mind you mine are only being run by a single 75W Sony Amp.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Starting Member
two1nine is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
To tell you the truth I would stay away from walmart audio. If you want to stay low budget and still sound decent pioneer's premier line isnt bad. Also JL Audio just came out with a W0v2 which sounds pretty good and is only $100.00. Might want to check that out.
x2 the pioneer premier 12's are good and depending on ur location can get them for 20 to $40 more than the walmart special.....buddy of mine had one in a little truck box and it was a nice lil pounder....its all bout your budget

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/Champion/TS-W1008D2|D4

Old 08-18-2009, 03:29 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhDAGiMdnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREqmPkZZ9Y

The Sound and Video quality sucks as they were taken with my cell phone cause I'm at work. But you can kinda hear how they hit.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
x2 on this. I bought a pair of 6x9's from Wally world and they were garbage. My stock ones sounded better then them. Pay the extra few bucks and go to an actual audio place. It will be worth it.

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
I've got two of them in my Blazer, they sound pretty amazing. If you want I'll get some pictures and maybe an audio or video clip of them for ya.

Edit: Mind you mine are only being run by a single 75W Sony Amp.
BlazerChick..where ya been lately. Haven't seen you post in forever lol. Welcome back.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk
BlazerChick..where ya been lately. Haven't seen you post in forever lol. Welcome back.
Yay!! Someone loves me enough to remember me! lol

I was really busy for a while. Backed into a Mustang so I was busy doing body work on that and I just found out that I have a wireless network at work, so now for the 10 hours I'm here I can do stuff lol.

But yeah, I should be on more often cause I'm gonna be buying a lot of stuff for the blazer here soon

Quick Reply: Are these subs good for the money?