Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

touch screen recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:34 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default touch screen recomendations

I think my headunit might of taken a **** so its time to get a newbie! I want a touch screen. now heres my issue i like the ones that dont flip up and block the vents i like the ones that just basically sit in there flush and slide down to put the cd/dvd in. any recomendations for either or? My biggest issue is with the ones that flip up is i dont wanna block the vents! I have to replace all the vacuum lines and components for the heater control bc they blow out all the vents no matter where i have it set. the dealer i used to work for said its bc theres a valve ontop the trans that sucks in trans fluid somehow and destroys everything so the only thing u can do is replace everything. anyway!~ Any and all recommendations will be appreciated! I saw a cheap one at wall by some no name company but im skeptical!

Old 05-16-2007, 05:20 PM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: touch screen recomendations

i think what your thinking of is a double din unit. it requires some mod. hillbilly did it ask him

Old 05-16-2007, 05:49 PM
nick is an unknown quantity at this point

yea the Eclipse Avn units are nice I personaly have the AVN5500 and love it

Old 05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

how about the pioneer z2??

Old 05-16-2007, 10:18 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

i heard clarions are nice. but thats about it. Hillybilly should know.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

There are a lot of them out there that are pretty nice. Pioneer, JVC, Eclipse and Alpine. To install it you will need 3 parts. all are from metra. 99-2003 (dash kit), 40-gm10 (antenna adaptor) and either the 70-2003 or the 70-1858 wiring harness. I have seen an 02 Blazer with eoch of those. will just have to take out the factory radio to find out. If you go to BB, prepare to have them tell you that you need a 130 dollar wiring harness. Not true. I promise.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hillbilly-What does it actually take to get one of these(double din, no flip out screen) to fit? Are those parts the only ones you will need? I really want one too but I dont want the screen that covers up the vents.

This one or similar is the one that I would really like.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Well, if you hve a 2002-2004 blazer. then yes, those are the only parts you need. if you have one newer than that, you will have to modify the dash bezel (cutting it, glassing it) , fabricate brackets to hold unit in place, and you should be fine. really, best way is to find someone who has the same style of dash bezel that you do, and buy a used one to start modifying.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

If your truck has a RDS radio the swap will be easy with the parts mention above.If you have the factory Delco radio (non-RDS) you will need to find a RDS bezel from a junkyard or Ebay and cut the hole(behind the bezel)on top open some for non-RDS S10s. The RDS bezels are taller and not as wide as the non-RDS bezel. In the pics you can see the diffrences in the openings. Here are some pics. 1ST is a NON-RDS radio, 2nd RDS bezel opening, 3rd RDS bezel

Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Reply: touch screen recomendations