Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Underglow Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Underglow Help

Ok. I bought a LED underglow kit off eBay for about $70. They are green lights and seem to be pretty nice. I need help powering them. They either need to be hook up directly to the battery (I don't like the sounds of that) or hooked up to the fuse panel. How do I connect the power to the fuse panel? They don't draw too much power either. I am also installing the switch to turn them on/off under the passenger side dash. Also, where's the best spot to run the wires from underneath the car up into the engine bay? Also, is the best way to waterproof teh connections is by using silicone sealent? Thanks!

Old 03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
thevair65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Underglow Help

i hooked up my offroad lights directly to the battery just buy some nice solid connections to fit the terminal. when running my tow package lights i ran the wires right up the frame rail and once in the engine bay ran the wires through fire proof conduit. ive used silicone to waterproof the connections havent had any problems yet. just dont get too far ahead of yourself like me and put the silicone on before testing the lights lol. it wasnt very easy to get the connections apart again. hopefully this will help a little.

EDIT: forgot to mention that i fused all connections at the battery.