Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

viper 5900

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default viper 5900

Ive been looking around to see where i can get the best deal on a viper 5900 alarm. The cheapest i found is $175 shipped. Has anyone found it cheaper.

Heres the site i found it on. has anyone bought from here before. http://audiovideodimension.com/viper...ng-p-1387.html

Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: viper 5900

That's a good price. I paid $208 shipped for mine.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 PM

also how hard is it to install a kit like this? whats involved?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:01 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Lots of wires...

I was planning on wiring mine myself but figured since I didn't really know what I was doing, it might be safer (and possibly cheaper in the long run) if I had it installed professionally.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 AM

ok thats probably what i will do too. I dont want to mess anything up.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Beginning Member
Cyron is an unknown quantity at this point

hey arnt bad alarm/starts, but they kinda suck to install. why they need 2 brains and a stupid ribbon cable in between them...i dont know lol. it just makes them harder to make a clean install. and you will notice if you have the 2way, that you might have to press a button like 5x before it resoponds. it will say your out of range and your sitting in the car lol. thats normal, they just do that.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Its not bad to install if you know where to find the wires. About half of those wires you will not use. If you want to do it yourself, PM me and I can help ya/

Old 01-18-2009, 02:55 AM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Cyron
why they need 2 brains and a stupid ribbon cable in between them...i dont know lol.
Its because DEI is retarded and they put all the relays inside a separate box instead of in the main brain.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

I rather them put the relay in a separate box then in the main brain, considering the extra load that relay gets. My truck that I bought has an after market DEI and the idiot who installed it didn't do it correctly, so I have to redo everything.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:55 AM
autogeek13 is an unknown quantity at this point

DEI only did they on the viper 5900 and the 771 due to the fact that when installed thy can hide the satillite harness easier and away from the brain and make it look more blended with the oem harness in the vehical, because it is a security system, its meant to disable the ignition harness if broken into. And no DEI is not retarted. they are the leading manufacture in keyless,alarm,and r/s systems. they manufacture and house 90% of the systems out there. viper,clifford,avital,ready remote, python. just to name a few. and the 5900 isnt hard to install at at. just time consuming. usually takes me 3-4 hours to put on in a vehical. but then again. ill do 5 a week at work so im very familar with them.

Quick Reply: viper 5900