Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Want some bump in the truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want some bump in the truck

There any real good deals on boxed sub woofers anywhere? I want some quality boxed 12"s but I'm not trying to spend alot because I want to eventually lift my blazer. Looked at kicker but they might be out of my price range. Trying to spend like 300-400 on subs and an amp, thinking I should check out ebay even though I never use it because of scams. Really trying to avoid brands like Sony Xplods. My friend appears to be offering 2 12" kicker comp VR 800 watt subs wired up with a box 150$obo. But their used subs and they are also from 2005 so not quite sure on them yet even though their way cheap.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Want some bump in the truck

If those CVR's are in good and working condition thats not a bad deal on em. If you want to budget, you might want to think about building your own box. Only costs about $50 and will sound much better than any prefabricated enclosure you could buy...Before I make any suggestions though, what kind of a sound are you after? Are you trying to get as loud as possible ona budget, or do you really want crisp sound quality at the sacrifice of some loudness?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

i would say check ur local best buy or circuit city type of stores for package deals. out here they usually have some infinities or kenwoods or alpines in a package deal w/ the amp for 300 some so i would say check that out. i got my 2 infinity subs from best buy on sale for $100 for both what a steal! bought a rockford fosegate amp on sale for 200 then between the box (which i bought from my cousin cheap) and wiring i spent maybe another 50 so it wasnt that expensive

Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

do the cvr's

If they're already in a prefab kicker box (with the 4 inch aero) it'll do fine for now. and down the line you dont really HAVE to upgrade you can build a custom box for em once you get alil more car audio experience under your belt.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Get a job a circuit city if you want a good deal on some subs...75% kicker and MTX subs/amps/boxes/loaded enclosures

Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Starting Member

Yeah, wouldn't mind having a job there but i'd rather just try and network around to someone who works there to give me their discount. This guy I work with works at walmart do they have a car audio installation there? I know its Wal-mart and all but if they sell the same thing circuit city or bestbuy has and I can get a discount its straight. All I really want is something that hits pretty hard, audio quality doesn't have to be great but I want to be able to hear vocals. Pretty much if it has decent quality and hits hard it'll be fine with me.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

I would vote against working at circuit city.

They'll tell ya how great an installer you are and you continue to do a great job. get a raise then they butt ram you with a lay off.

GG Lay off the people working in the stores not the person up there bringing in a couple million a year.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

CC is very poorly run that's for sure...that's why CC shares are at like $4, when Best Buy is at 50ish

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Starting Member

I generally go to Bestbuy over circuit city but only reason why I got my head unit at circuit city was for the "free" installation. I also know some people that work at the bestbuy near me who aren't the brightest and I don't want anything broken.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Circuit City is horrible. I applied for a job there when I moved. With years of experience as an Installer they told me that the only job they had for me was for sales. They hired a newbie off the street two weeks later for install. When I confronted them about it they told me that it is Circuit City's way to hire a newbie and train them thier way, rather than use the person who has proven themselves with years of custom 12v installation....Think about that the next time you let CC touch your car....

p.s...lol at the CC ad at the bottom of the page while I write this...

Quick Reply: Want some bump in the truck