Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What amp? What speekers? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:14 AM
S1ck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What amp? What speekers? Help!

I just got a 96 blazer (2 door) from my uncle. Its my first vehicle, just getting my licence in February. The only money I really want to put into the truck is the system. There is a cheap aftermarket head unit already in there, an Alpine Model 3549??? amp, and a crappy kicker box with highs, and 2 12 inch noname brand woofers, both blown.

Im going to get this headunit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1166840027318

I have a brand new Pioneer TS-W304C 12 inch 600W peak sub in my garage.
I am going to buy another one, ive herd these are great subs.

Im not sure how good the interior speakers are in the doors, ill get a better idea later when I go out there and check.

My question...

What amp should I get with that headunit and those 2 subs?

What interior speakers should I get if I need to replace the ones that are there, and what size are they?

Should I keep the kicker box with the highsbuilt in, or should I either build or buy a new box?

Anything else I might need.

Ive got the whole trunk to play with so size doesnt matter.

Thanks in advance

Also would like to add im looking for the cheapest, but still good sounding setup.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: What amp? What speekers? Help!

ok, well, have you fuly researched the HD radio? From my experience, It is not perfected yet. The Radio keeps switching between HD and regualar radio constantly, and it makes it very hard to get either consistently. Just IMO.

What amp do you already have?? those subs are decent bang for the buck, I would put about 400 or so to each of them. Kicker makes a great amp for the money the zx 750.1

Other amps:
P600.1BD
Infinity Ref611A
JBL GTO601.1II

If possible, build your own box. I doubt that you will be able to use the one that you have and not hurt your subs. If you want help designing a box to proper size, let us know. Either myself or someone else can help you with specs and such.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

what is your budget?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

that infinity amp is the best deal he listed.

over 600 watts for $189 is a good deal.

but you may be able to get the kicker even cheaper.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 PM

My budget is as cheap as possible with good sound LOL. Im not trying to impress anyone, nor amI trying to bounce myself down the block with my subs. Just want nice deep, hard hitting bass.

As for the HD. I dont even have intentions of using the HD, wasnt going to buy the adapter or anything. I just wanted to have the option open. If that headunit is going to be a problem even if I dont intend on using the HD radio, then ill find another one.

Edit: This is the exact amp thats in the truck right now. Doesnt look like it could do the job. I cant find the specs for it anywhere.
http://aukcja.onet.pl/show_item.php?...78688794#photo

Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
BF Veteran

Wow! old alpine!

I would keep it anyway as anantique lol

says 100rmsx2......would be great for running your door speakers. thats what I would do.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 PM

So your saying I should keep it as an amp for the door speakers? Good idea acually LOL. What are the best cheapest door speakers that will fit in my doors?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i think cheapest would be Durabrand (walmart brand) i saw some 6.5" 2way speakers at walmart yesterday on clearance for $6 a piece

i have some Pioneer 3way speakers in my front doors and they sound fine, never had any problems with them. they were like $50 or $60 for the pair. i have blaupunkt speakers in the rear doors that also sound good but they were more expensive

Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

you get what you pay for. Set a budget for the speakers and we can recommend the best for that price. without a budget you are just pissing into the wind

Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran

LOL, ya speakers range from.....$6 to probably closer to $3000.

Quick Reply: What amp? What speekers? Help!