Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Beginning Member
OhioLefty is on a distinguished road
Default What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?

What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# or Scosche? I've seen conflicting information, anybody have a definitive answer? Exact part numbers? Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

speaker harness for rear doors?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Are you talking about an adapter to plug into the factory speaker harness so that you don't have to cut the plug off??

Old 12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
speaker harness for rear doors?
Yes, speaker harness for the rear doors.

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Are you talking about an adapter to plug into the factory speaker harness so that you don't have to cut the plug off??
Yes, a friend of mine wants the stock speaker with the wiring harness. I want the new speaker (Polk Audio DB651s) to be just "plug and play".

Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

its just as easy to just cut the connectors off and wire up the speakers. and save some money, just my advise.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
its just as easy to just cut the connectors off and wire up the speakers. and save some money, just my advise.
I agree, but a friend of mine ask me if he could have the speakers with the wiring harness. He buys used Blazers ('97-02), makes repairs and flips them (I bought mine from him, phenom of a mechanic). He has a knack for fixing things and keeping costs low. He offered to repair my speakers but I opted to try and improve on the factory sound just for kicks.

I know it would be cheaper to replace speakers but he really enjoys what he does and I'm going to let him have his fun.

Thanks for the advice though...

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran

Well, if he wants the factory speakers that you have, cant you just take out the speakers, and cut before the connector, give him the speakers and the connector.
Then you can just get your new polk audio speakers, and wire them in?

I might be just drunk and confused LOL, so bear with me. Sorry.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:20 PM

^^^This. The aftermarket speakers don't have a connector anything like the factory ones. 99.9% of the speakers out there have either two .25" wide male quick connects or a .25" wide and a .125" wide connector. They also generally come with either a couple of pieces of speaker wire with the female connectors already attached to simply hook up. Or they come with the connectors loose and ready to crimp onto whatever wires you're using. There's nothing special you'll need to buy in almost any case. Here's a couple of sample pics to show you what I mean.

Here's a pic of the wide and narrow connectors.

Here's a pic of the wires that come in the box with the speakers.

I really hope this helps, it was a lot of trouble to get the pics right with my phone.

Attached Thumbnails What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?-tsa1674r.jpg   What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?-094a87d0-58cb-496f-b5cf-99b68d3a90e5-690-0000006b1be6d966.jpg  

Last edited by altoncustomtech; 12-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Beginning Member

I really appreciate all the help and will probably take your advice and just hard wire it in. I have wire and all different size crimp on spade connectors but what I was really hoping to find is the exact part number for the rear door (front is supposedly different) speaker harness similar to the one pictured below.

Thanks again for all your help.

Attached Thumbnails What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?-41t2xlmtgvl._sl500_aa300_.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Those are for plugging into the factory harness plug, yes, but it seemed as though you were saying that you were going to cut the factory plug off and give them with the speakers to your mechanic buddy?? If you cut them off then you won't need the adapters, so now I'm a little lost on exactly what you're trying to do, lol.

If you're not cutting them off then yes, they will work. Also, I'm not aware of any difference in the plugs. They've always looked the same to me.

Quick Reply: What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?