Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 04:31 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default What do you guys think?

My Pioneer HU is acting up... the display flickers on and off sometimes but it still plays fine...... I'm not planning on getting rid of it anytime soon... but when I do, what do yuo guys think of this?.... It's just a thought, I like the style of it, but I haven't dealt with DUAL brand car stereos... are they decent? I just can't really afford to replace mine with the newer model Pioneer DEH-6800.....

Old 11-23-2006, 04:36 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What do you guys think?

I have never had dual but from what I have heard they are very cheap and you should never go with that brand unless you have to. But thats just what I am told, I personally would never go with the brand Dual. However that looks very nice, maybe not all their producsts are cheap?

Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

no way! stay away from dual period! there no better then jensen,pyle,etc...just get another pioneer or get something that will be worth the money, save up if need be. trust me dual is junk. if your gonna run something like that you'd be better off putting the stock hu back in imo

Old 11-23-2006, 05:22 PM
00blackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

your headunit has a ribbon cable that flexes when your faceplate opens up to let the cd out. Pioneer headunits are know for these cracking and causing shorts. when it cracks it causes different parts of the faceplate not to work. I would guess thats where your problem lies. It is replaceable, but can continue to happen.

Old 11-23-2006, 05:33 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, what he said. dual = poo

Old 11-23-2006, 05:38 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

my HU doesnt have the popular ribbon connection..... mine is actually a terminal that disconnects when the face folds down and reconnects when the face folds back up.....i made sure it wasnt that ribbon thing when I bought it.... I believe they have recently stopped using that style of connector..... it has only acted up once, and now i'm thinking It didnt latch when I pushed it up, causing the terminals to have a poor connection. I pushed the face and it clicked into place... hasnt acted up again since i did that..... however, when it does bite the dust, ill probably either get the Pioneer 5800 or 6800...... i figured dual was poo.... thought it was sort of a generic brand.... ill probably stick with pioneer.....

Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

or go with kenwood eXcellon. those are some gooooood h/u's. i had one, but it was a dvd player, *shrugs*

Old 11-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^X2 those are good quality h.u's...also look into alpine i've not had any problems at all with them

Old 11-23-2006, 07:55 PM
00blackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry when i read the post the first time i thought you were saying you had the 6800. the 6800 does have the ribbon. id go with a kenwood and if you need help finding one let me know what you want in one. i can find good deals on them.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 PM

i dont like the design of the alpines...... i have looked at the kenwoods though.... i dunno... ill get back to y'all on it...

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?