Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What Happened??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 PM
fuzzball447 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Happened??

So I replaced my battery the other day and everything is working great, except for the stereo... I have a stock deck and speakers and the deck still works, but there is no sound from the speakers. Is this just a grounding problem with the speakers?

Old 03-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What Happened??

is the deck locked, i know most stock decks come with a security lock that activates whenever the power is disconnected. what does the display on the deck say?

Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 PM

It doesn't say anything, its "business as usual" on the deck, i just don't get any sound getting to the speakers

Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check fuses maybe something went when changing battery, I am assuming it was working before the battery was changed. Then check your wires.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:50 PM

I've already checked all the breakers, sorry I didn't mention that. But if it were that security thing, what could I do to re-enable it?

Old 03-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

i believe that is a dealer only reset.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:41 AM

if you know the code you can reset it if not you can take it to a dealer or there are a couple of websites that can get you the code to unlock it. if you take it to a dealer get the code from them or get them to write it down so that you can do it yourself next time. When you say "business as usual" what does the desplay on the radio actualy say? it cant be usual cuz it doesnt work right?

Old 03-30-2007, 04:21 AM

Thats whats so strange about it, its happened before when I got my transfer case replaced, assuming they disconnected the battery then as well. After I got the blazer back the speakers didn't work and then like a week later I go to start up and there it is! Working like nothing happened. And when I mean business as usual I mean the deck working like nothing is wrong: I can still advance tracks and eject cd's, change it to and from fm/am/cd and everything. Its like the speakers are just temporarily disconnected or something...

Old 03-30-2007, 04:30 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Dealer only pfft .....

Procedure:

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:30 AM

thats awesome, those are great instructions but his radio, apparently is not locked, its broken.

my advice, if you have checked all the wiring going into it(the stereo) and everything checks out, then find some of the speaker wires you might have to strip off some of the insulation, then touch a 9v battery to the wires, one wire on each terminal(of the 9v), if you hear a faint poping sound from the speaker then they are working. if this is the case i suggest you get a new radio, thats the only option i can see. maybe someone else has some other thoughts.

Quick Reply: What Happened??