Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

what kind of radio do you have

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough
Default what kind of radio do you have

im interested in replacing my stock BOSE system with a more feature rich
radio, so what do you have and why do you like it or not like it...
pics are welcome.. Thanks very much

Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

took the stock head out of my Honda and replaced it with a Sony
Dealer told me the stock was a Clarion and it still worked 100% but the wifey wanted something MP3 Ipood compatible

Blazer has already been swaped out by the P.O to a Sony as well

Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I had a kenwood eXcelon in my blazer and I loved all the settings, and the usb port was a plus as well.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Pioneer all the way. I have always used them, and they are very reliable, and very well priced.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

pioneer in the old lady's truck and a pioneer 6400bt in my work blazer and my personal.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Pioneer. Aux/USB/Tuner/CD and has a cool race car theme as a background. Plus all the settings make it wayyyy better than stock.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I've got this one! Its nothing fancy but then again I just turn on 98.7(that's our local country station for you non locals lol) and go so I don't care about all the settings and things (even though its got a few) It is satelite radio ready (not that I use that either) and the usb port on the front allows you to plug in an ipod/iphone and control it from the radio (I don't use this either but the wife and boy do). For me it gets the job done

Oh and if you want to see it just come look at it lol!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Used to have and use Pioneer's the most, however after having issues with multiple HU's having noise in the RCA's due to the pico fuse blowing I made a move to Kenwood excelon units. I currently have a KDC-X991 in my wifes minivan and a KDC-X492 in my Jimmy. Both have been rock solid units with good features and great SQ. I also just got a hell of a deal on a Clarion CZ702 I'm going to try out. What sets it apart from the Kenwood's I'm currently using is it's two or three way active capability, the most versatile crossovers and EQ settings I've seen in years and DTA which my KDC-X492 does not have. I'm also looking at the new KDC-X996 which is just as powerful as the CZ702 with a little easier to use DTA. The KDC-X996 has more EQ channels (13 to the CZ702's 5) but they're not as versatile and the CZ702 has far more adjustability on the crossovers.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough
Old 01-11-2013, 02:16 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Alton as long as your here what is the best bet double bin touch screen. Most important is sound quality, After all its a radio and I cant listen to features

Quick Reply: what kind of radio do you have