Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What you think of these speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What you think of these speakers?

Hey guys, as so many of you my right front speaker in my blazer is blown, so since I have a long trip coming up next weekend I want to replace it, I've been surfing around a bit but I don't want to install a huge new system in my truck as I don't want to install amps and subs and all that stuff, I just would want a nice set of speakers that goe with the stock system, the none bose one that is. I was looking at these speakers here that I could get at walmart and just wonderd if someone had experiance with them. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5155434I just would like a nice s ounds maybe some bass if possible but nothing overkill. Also do you think I should do all 4 speakers back and front or will the front 2 be enough? Nobody really rides in the back of my truck, 4 door blazer.

Thanks
Cedric

Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: What you think of these speakers?

those should sound nice...you gonna amp it?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:00 PM

Not atm, would just run of the stock player, only place I could hide the amp nicely would be where my Onstar box is, although I don't need that But untill I could afford something good and know what I'm doing I only wanne get new speakers. Should I get 4 new ones or only 2? Change the ones in the dash also?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I am not a fan of 4 ways, but to each his own.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Those speakers should be okay. People seemed to be mixed in opinion when it comes to Pioneer speakers. Me and my dad used them in our Saturn cars a lot and we like them.

As for bass you really should get a sub for thatas speakers really aren't meant to produce the low notes. Its not unheard of though. You could use the rear speakers as subs if you wanted to, but won't be as good as a sub.

I recommend an Infinity Basslink or Basslink II if you want a sub that willproduce meaningful lows without causing earthquakes. Plus it has a wired volume **** to control the sub volume, an important feature you'dprobably find only on an aftermarket deck. Also takes up just a cubic foot of spaceI believe.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:34 PM

I honostly have no clue about speakers, if 2 way, 3way, 4 way, 1000000way, I'm just looking to get speakers that are under 100$ a pair and are good sound quality. I know this is a subject taht is subjective, but I would love to hear some suggestions on speakers in that range, especially if they can be found at like walmart or so, as I'd like to get them tomorrow or Sunday.

Thnx
Cedric

Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i have those same speakers in my front doors, they have been good for me... even if i turn it up a lot, they dont sound bad.

however, like everyone is saying, they arent going to produce much bass. but bass isnt a huge issue, especially if you've never really had a lot of bass.ive been driving around without subwoofers for about 2 weeks now and, while the music still sound empty, im getting used to normal low-bass music

Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Sounds good I'll probably go check them out tomorrow, they have that testing station at walmart, but if anyone has more ideas or so, keep them coming. Especially if I should change all 4 or if 2 are enough.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:12 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I am not a fan of 4 ways, but to each his own.
I'm with hillbilly on this one. I have the 3-way pioneers in all my doors. I had bought 2 sets of pioneer 3-ways a while back from wal-mart. I then noticed best buy had the 4-ways on sale and I thought that 4-ways would sound better than 3-ways until I listened to both in the sound booth. The car stereo guy at best buy recommended the 3-ways over the 4-ways and I must say that the 3-ways did sound better than the 4-ways. I forgot what he told me the difference was in the two, but I think I remember him saying something about something in the 4-way speakers is just an added unneccesary part that the 3-ways don't have. Mine sound pretty good I must say. I have a pioneer deck too so I play around with the built in eq to make them sound good. Yes, rtap doesn't produce much bass, but I am a hard rocker and bands like Fear Factory and Slpiknot and others along those lines produce awesome bass for some reason. I also listen to techno/trance which I play around with the eq a bit, but it sounds pretty darn good too. All in all, I would def go with the 3-ways. They are around the same price if not a little cheaper than the 4-ways. I would replace all 4 speakers just for the sake of they might sound weird. I did the same you are talking of. Before I replaced mine, back when my truck was stock, the right front had a hole in the cone and the rear drivers was blown completely. I replaced only the front two cause I would not be able to drive all the way to Maine with the farting noise. It sounded a little awkward with only the two and it sounded a lot better when I replaced the other two when I got home. Only if the speakers in your dash sound bad, they should be okay. Me, I replaced them with pioneers just so I could have pioneers all the way around. the pioneer pseakers for the dash were cheap, and they sound really good. They produce really crisp sounding treble, especially when I listen to techno music.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:16 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

imo anything more than 2-way in a coax speaker is overkill and a marketing cheme for the most part...Think about it, How many 3 or 4 way coaxials does Focal, Hertz, or Rainbow make?

Quick Reply: What you think of these speakers?