Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Whats in the back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:27 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats in the back?

what do you guys use to make your cars shake?

myself I'm going to get 2 JL Audio 13W7's and to power them a PYLE PLA-2680 Red Elite 2400 Watt 2-CHANNEL Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier
christmas presint to my self lol

but my question is... will it work? I have not a clue about subwoofers and audio stuff

all I know is that I have to get an aftermarket deck and I want it to pound hard

Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Whats in the back?

i had a pair of jl w3"s with a pioneer amp with a sony deck and it hit nice..any audio info i just learned everything when i hooked them up.took alot of work but now i guess im experienced

Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i am currentlyusing 2 DUAL brand 12" woofers and an XIA2460 2 channel amp but i have a 15" kicker compvr sitting in my garage and a kicker zx750.1 amp on a ups truck on its way here.

if that amp really is 2400 watts, i think it will make more than your truck shake (ie, next door neighbors house)

Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM

aint the w7"s max output like 4000 watts?

Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: SmokeU

what do you guys use to make your cars shake?

myself I'm going to get 2 JL Audio 13W7's and to power them a PYLE PLA-2680 Red Elite 2400 Watt 2-CHANNEL Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier
christmas presint to my self lol

but my question is... will it work? I have not a clue about subwoofers and audio stuff

all I know is that I have to get an aftermarket deck and I want it to pound hard

The Bad News: I hate to burst your bubble, but im certain that amp wont do anywhere near 1/2 of 2400watts...That is a "Max Power" rating, which is basically a marketing scheme and only if the amplifier is blowing up will you ever see that much power out of it. The reality is that I would estimate you are somewhere around 700watts rms...Which, unfortunately isnt near enough to run both those subs...

The Good News: You have some very nice, high-end subwoofers. You might have enough power to run ONE of them, but thats not taking into concideration the ohm loads...The subs need 1000watts rms each to perform optimally. This means that you will need 2000watts of continuous power from an amp. Unfortunately that is going to cost no less than about $500...

If you are interested in finding an amp to run them let me know and I can find you something suitable...If this is busting your budget than i would advise you sell one of the subs and use the money for a good amp to power the single sub...

Old 11-07-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: felonyblazer96

aint the w7"s max output like 4000 watts?
no thats the wattage were your voinding the warranty lol

optimal wattage is 1000

Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I am running 2 10" Kenwood Typhoon subs. They are 350watts RMS and 750 watts peak. I am also running a Profile California 1000watt rms mono sub amp. These are mounted in a sealed Q-Logic box. This system is good enough for me, it gives me a nice back massage when turned up load. It sounds nice at all volumes and I like it a lot.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 PM

the amp is this

Amazon Link

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM

i get car audio in all the time, if your being serious i can give u good deals on decks subs amps radar detectors capacitors door speakers etc.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Please review my post, that amp will not run those subs...

btw, running a Pyle amp on JL W7's is like running Wal-Mart tires on your Lamboghini

just cleaning up - hillbilly

Quick Reply: Whats in the back?