Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What's a good amp for this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:49 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's a good amp for this?

Hey, I was just wondering about your guy's opinions on what a good amp is for an Alpine Type-R 12'... I don't know too much about car audio, I want to get one sub though, was thinking about an Alpine Type-R 12 incher... Here's some specs on the sub...and my spending limit is about $250 for the AMP...

-1500w peak -- 500w rms
-Dual-voice-coil
-Sensitivity-85dB
-4-ohm
-Freq.Response-25hz-100hz

I'll probably have an Alpine 9856 head-unit
I already have a pair of 6 1/2' infiniti kappas, not sure if I should match all four doors with infinity kappas, i'll worry about the 4x6' in the dash later, I just need to know what I should get to match the kappas I already have...hmmm, any car audio experts out there to give a newbie some help? hehee
Thanks,
-Justin

[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What's a good amp for this?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14803

I was gonna suggest The alpine mrd-m605, But this amp is a better deal.

unless you DO want to keep it alpine.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

well, normaally, I would agree with blazinloud, but i noticed that you sub is a single 4 ohm VC, so you are gng to need a 2 channel amp that puts out good power at 4 ohms bridged. i would suggest either of these two amps, run them at 4 ohms bridged, and that type R will take them like a champ.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16347

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16349

Old 01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

well, normaally, I would agree with blazinloud, but i noticed that you sub is a single 4 ohm VC, so you are gng to need a 2 channel amp that puts out good power at 4 ohms bridged. i would suggest either of these two amps, run them at 4 ohms bridged, and that type R will take them like a champ.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16347

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16349

He says his sub is a dual voice coil, at 4 ohms, so he should be able to wire it up to a 2 ohm load...

Old 01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

oh, wow! i didnt see that! thanks hillbilly. I didnt even know you can get single VC type r's.........

wait!!!! up it says dual VC, then 2 lines down it says 4ohmVC.......hooray!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

My Type-S is 4 ohm DVC...

And according to the Alpine website, you can't get Type-R's in a SVC setup... So unless it's really old... lol

Old 01-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

it was early and Im sick. Oops. well, then the 120b would work nice then. I know guys that have put Kicker ZX2500's on them. just depends on the install. heck, Ill sell you my 1606 for 225 + shipping

Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran

lol, you're forgiven

get well soon, eh

Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 PM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your opinions guys, two more questions, soz : / , if I had 4 infiniti kappa 6.5's in the doors, would that be okay ya think? The Kappas distort a lot when the bass is up and volume is passed 50% or so, i'm not sure if I had all the bass to the sub if the kappas would be alright, i'm a really neat person and it might bug me if I had Kappas in one door, and a different set of speakers in another, last question, is that website a trusted website? They seem to have good deals so if they are, sounds good, and thanks again for the replys.
-Justin
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-22-2007, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran

I've never heard the Kappa's myself so I can't comment on it, but I usually hear good things about them... If you already have some in the doors and like them, then odds are you'll like them in the rear doors too...

Quick Reply: What's a good amp for this?