Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

where did you place youe grounds for your big three upgrade

Old 10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road
Default where did you place youe grounds for your big three upgrade

i have a 01 blazer 4 dr 4.3l 2wd. im using 1/0 ofc copper power and i dont know where to place the two ground the one thats runs from the neg battery terminal to engine block and the one runs from the neg battery to the chassis.for the chassis ground i have an idea running it t the right side of the tire well there is a bolt that has metal but not sure that is a good spot. where did you guys place your ground and what do you recommend...thanks alot

Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

for the engine i used one of the bolts by the alt. cant remember where i did the chassis. I will look tomorrow

Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

alt. bolt and grounded to the crossmember under the front of the engine

Old 10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Starting Member

are you talking about the bolt on the alt that is about 4 in long once tooken off?i was kind of thinking it was a bad spot sinces there is power running on the back part of it...

Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Starting Member

?????

Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

no the alt is fine. your grounding to the engine block basically.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ExplicitYourSelf
are you talking about the bolt on the alt that is about 4 in long once tooken off?i was kind of thinking it was a bad spot sinces there is power running on the back part of it...
you're joking, right? the terminal lug on the back of the alt is insulated from the whole casing, otherwise it would short as soon as you connected the battery. besides, you should have the shield on the wire running to the alt to prevent accidental grounding of your system.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
no the alt is fine. your grounding to the engine block basically.
Yep thats how a have mine. No problems here.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

directly to the block and directly to the frame.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by bobditts
directly to the block and directly to the frame.

I was going to place it on the alternator bolt but if i could put it directly on the block, where exactly can I place it. And for my other ground the cross member would be a good spot as they mention above, correct I just wanna make sure that I am doing this the correct way (: Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where did you place youe grounds for your big three upgrade