Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Where to mount pa speaker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to mount pa speaker?

Okay, there is somewhat of a dilemma here. I don't know where to mount the pa speaker at. It is too big to fit behind the grille and every other place I found would make it prone to shorting out because of water. Any ideas on where to mount the sucker? It needs to be somewhat off-road friendly as well.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

My siren speaker is under the battery tray.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

How about right in the middle of the hood? I'd give you ideas, but your engine is different so I'm not too familiar with your setup.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by neo71665
My siren speaker is under the battery tray.
Hmm... Okay. That is an idea. This is the speaker I have.

4x6" pa speaker

It is a 4x6" pa speaker. Do you think it would work under the battery tray. Would there be enough room?

And how did you mount it under the tray? Sheet metal screws going into the tray?

Last edited by tibby; 03-13-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Not certain on a good place to mount it but its good to keep in mind you want it somewhere that the sound can get out and be heard with as few things blocking its path. I have this speaker mounted on top of my fender that does nothing since when I bought the truck it was hooked to an alarm that went off randomly while driving down the road and I had no way to turn it off so I just cut the wire. Now I don't have a clue if it goes off or not. Some day I will take the time to pull it all out. Just a thought though not sure if yours will fit there. If this will work be careful of the vaccuum ball cause mine hit the speaker and now has a hole in it (hence the packing tape on it) but with a bit of intelligence that could have been avoided. Also I would recomend drilling holes and putting small bolts through from the fender side rather than a 2" screw sticking out straight at the tire. Again just throwing it out there and trying to give you a heads up if it might work.

Also have you tested the speaker? Hows the sound? I want to get one soon I just want to make sure that it sounds good.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Default .

Well It has mounting holes on the bottom of the speaker. And I bought screws that I know will fit in all 6 holes (no pun intended). As far as testing it out to see about the sound, I haven't yet. But guys on other automotive forums say it puts out plenty of sound. It is loud for what it is. If you want mile down the street loud, you'll need an amplifier of some sort, but I'm not looking for that loud.

As soon as I find a good mounting place, I will then hook it up and test it out.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

D*** you tibby!! Look what you made me do!!!!

I mounted it right behind the rear bumper on the body. I figure this should be a decent place to mount it since I couldn't find anywhere towards the front for it. It seems to work ok here and it was an easy install. There really isn't anything in the way to block the sound and its up high enough that it should be safe. I might play with it a bit and see if I can mount it facing down just to get a little more sound out evenly around the truck.I ran the wires along the frame and drilled a hole in the spot where the floor drops down right in front of the seat and ran it through there and under the carpet to the back of the cb for a nice clean install. I have to stop and pic up a grommet and stick in there yet though. I think its pretty loud but just because I want to **** off my crazy neighbor lady I just bought this to go with it. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I'll let you know if it makes any difference when I get it but I figured for $12 owell if it sucks. Hope this might help with your search for a mounting location.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Default .

Hey, nice speaker ya got there! =P

And that install looks good, clean install. I would run it like that, but want the audio to be projecting in front of me. I'll eventually find a spot.

And definitely let me know about the amplifier thing. I'm interested in that since it is only $9.50 plus shipping lol.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

hey tippy what about in the front bumper. i noticed when i replaced mine that there was a lot of space in there. you could do a bracket that mounts to one of the mounts and then bend it to where you want it. then just mount the speaker and run the wire
just a thought

Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by Blazer_LT
hey tippy what about in the front bumper. i noticed when i replaced mine that there was a lot of space in there. you could do a bracket that mounts to one of the mounts and then bend it to where you want it. then just mount the speaker and run the wire
just a thought
Yeah, around the bumper would be ideal. I was thinking right above the tow hooks, I may be able to squeeze it in there. I already took a sawzall to some of the lower valence plastic so my tow hooks would fit again after my body lift. I might test that out. But I'll be busy til probably Sunday. Maybe this will be my Sunday project lol. Finding a spot, taking a pic, and circling the spot to see what you guys think.

Quick Reply: Where to mount pa speaker?