Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Whining Noise (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/whining-noise-16195/)

Sorell 01-11-2008 08:11 PM

Whining Noise

I know there are other topics about the whining noise, but they are all for vehicles with subs/ aftermarket stuff. I have the factory HU no subs or any new speakers and I've had a whine coming from the stereo that goes with my RPMS for about a month now.
<Nothing has been changed in the vehicle stereo wise or anything>
Please help it's making me go crazy

blznlowxtreme 01-11-2008 08:17 PM

RE: Whining Noise

i have not ever had a problem with a factory set up. i had a problem with the same thing but it was due to my added system

TripleBlackBlazer 01-11-2008 08:19 PM

I'm in the same boat as Sorell. Sounds like I have a small supercharger. Mine's also RPM-based. It is also accompanied by flickering dash/radio lights (not completely out, just sporadic dimming). I have found that the flickering is decreased when I disable my DRL's. After my hub bearings are replaced I will be looking into a new alternator.

EDIT: And there are many similar threads under 'Related Threads' below that also point to the alternator however mine's been doing it since I bought it or soon thereafter (2 years ago). I did replace the battery last year with an AC Delco.

Sorell 01-12-2008 06:38 AM

I have replaced the battery about 6 months ago as well and was wondering if it could bethe alternator, guess I'll play with that before getting a new HUand having my stereo installed and getting stuck in the middle of the highway

hillbillyinOhio 01-12-2008 08:45 PM

pull out the factory desk and reground the radio with a new ground. Also, check the grounds under the hood, (batt to chassis, engine to chassis)

Sorell 01-13-2008 01:43 PM

I will be getting a new deck in a week or two so I'll leave thatfor now - too lazy. But come to think of it the lights on the deck and the dome light have beenflickering every once in a while, so I figure it won't hurt anything by changing out the alternator then the deck sooner rather than later if the noise is still there. I don't think I'd do too good at regrounding stuff as I hate electrical stuff, especially in vehicles.

Thanks Guys

XBlazer01 01-13-2008 02:27 PM

If your getting a new HU next week and its using the same connections you will more than likely get hit with that whining still.

Sorell 01-13-2008 03:49 PM

Dirty... once I replace the alternator though, it'll be wherever I have itinstalled at's deal; I talked to an installer at one of the places I'll be buying from and he said to just buy the new deck and have them install it, that way they'll be responsible for any noises that 'weren't there before' so :) He said he'd be the one installing it and really wouldn't mind