Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Whining Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Starting Member
Sorell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whining Noise

I know there are other topics about the whining noise, but they are all for vehicles with subs/ aftermarket stuff. I have the factory HU no subs or any new speakers and I've had a whine coming from the stereo that goes with my RPMS for about a month now.
<Nothing has been changed in the vehicle stereo wise or anything>
Please help it's making me go crazy

Old 01-11-2008, 08:17 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Whining Noise

i have not ever had a problem with a factory set up. i had a problem with the same thing but it was due to my added system

Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the same boat as Sorell. Sounds like I have a small supercharger. Mine's also RPM-based. It is also accompanied by flickering dash/radio lights (not completely out, just sporadic dimming). I have found that the flickering is decreased when I disable my DRL's. After my hub bearings are replaced I will be looking into a new alternator.

EDIT: And there are many similar threads under 'Related Threads' below that also point to the alternator however mine's been doing it since I bought it or soon thereafter (2 years ago). I did replace the battery last year with an AC Delco.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Starting Member

I have replaced the battery about 6 months ago as well and was wondering if it could bethe alternator, guess I'll play with that before getting a new HUand having my stereo installed and getting stuck in the middle of the highway

Old 01-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

pull out the factory desk and reground the radio with a new ground. Also, check the grounds under the hood, (batt to chassis, engine to chassis)

Old 01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Starting Member

I will be getting a new deck in a week or two so I'll leave thatfor now - too lazy. But come to think of it the lights on the deck and the dome light have beenflickering every once in a while, so I figure it won't hurt anything by changing out the alternator then the deck sooner rather than later if the noise is still there. I don't think I'd do too good at regrounding stuff as I hate electrical stuff, especially in vehicles.

Thanks Guys

Old 01-13-2008, 02:27 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

If your getting a new HU next week and its using the same connections you will more than likely get hit with that whining still.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Starting Member

Dirty... once I replace the alternator though, it'll be wherever I have itinstalled at's deal; I talked to an installer at one of the places I'll be buying from and he said to just buy the new deck and have them install it, that way they'll be responsible for any noises that 'weren't there before' so He said he'd be the one installing it and really wouldn't mind