Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Whole system is installed...but problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Whole system is installed...but problems!!!

ya, get pat tanked, thats cash well spent over a cap.....

recently i turned all my bass boost settings down, way down, along with the eq(low,mid,high)

now im able to turn my hu volume up to about 95% without distortion. sounds alot better, cleaner, and clearer. I suggest you try this out.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

So back to my main question. How do I make it so I can play DVDs through my DVD HU while not having to put the parking brake on. There is a wire coming out of the HU that says Parking labled on it attached to another wire coming up from near my parking brake. What do I need to do to disable it, simply unpluging the two wires doesnt help.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

So back to my main question. How do I make it so I can play DVDs through my DVD HU while not having to put the parking brake on. There is a wire coming out of the HU that says Parking labled on it attached to another wire coming up from near my parking brake. What do I need to do to disable it, simply unpluging the two wires doesnt help.
If there is only one brake wire and it is for parking brake then on most units, all you have to do is switch it to ground....basically it has to see a ground signal appear. So you would have to use a toggle switch in-line with the wire. Have off side going to nothing and on side going to ground. This works on "most" units with only a parking brake wire, not all of them. If you also have a footbrake wire then you are in a whole new ballgame...

Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i think everybody has covered the gain issue and the cap debate, as far as your dvd player only working w/ brake engaged, thats a law that an installer has to hook it up like that so you cant watch it while driving, although you can bypass it but dont just cut the wire, it wont work at all then you have to hook it up to something to give it signal to trigger it , when i installed my dvd player i wired my wire into my fog light switch so if i want to watch it i just turn on my fog lights. but if a cop checks to see if it hooked up properly it will show the screen saying its unlawful to watch while driving as long as my fog lights are off. i am pretty sure that will work on any model

Old 11-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Ok. So I have to hook it up to a toggle switch? Do I have to give it power like if I were hooking up fog lights? That one wire coming from the HU would that be my ground or positive on the switch?

Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

you take a toggle switch and put it inline on the parking wire to the ground wire. basically, you are connecting the brake wire to the ground, with a toggle switch on it.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:45 PM

When you say parking wire do you mean the parking wire on the hu or the one coming out from the dash.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 PM

Take the parking brake wire off the head unit and send it to ground with a switch in-line for an interruption. You do not need power going to this switch it is only a toggle to make a ground signal appear...

Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 PM

So then whats the difference between doing that and just taking the parking wire off the hu and just grounding it? I tried that and didnt work either.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

So then whats the difference between doing that and just taking the parking wire off the hu and just grounding it? I tried that and didnt work either.
The HU has to see that signal appear as if the parking brake were pressed with the vehicle on...every time you turn your headunit on you will have to flip that switch off and on for it to show video...

Quick Reply: Whole system is installed...but problems!!!