Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Why does Crutchfield say these do not fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Beginning Member
lambode is on a distinguished road
Default Why does Crutchfield say these do not fit?

6 3/4 Kickers

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DS65...S65.html?tp=94

4x6 Kickers

Kicker DS46 4" x 6" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Are the 6 3/4's to deep or something?

05 2 door blazer

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

According to Crutchfield that speaker is 5 9/16 inches deep... I think they're too deep and will most likely interfere with your power window... someone else will have to confirm.

As for the 4x6's, I can't tell you why they wouldn't fit, possibly the mounting face though...

Just remember, measure twice buy once, and anything can be made to fit. (Unless the speaker's in the way of the window then you're looking at a custom panel.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member

5 9/16-that's the cutout diameter. Top mount depth is 1 7/8.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Too big.

6 1/2" is what you'll have to go with, but they will require a mounting bracket. Crutchfield will supply that.

And the 4x6 are too small. The rear speakers are 6X9.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Beginning Member

I want the 4x6's for the dash . According to the speakers sticky that's what they are.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Oh I see.

Well typically the newer Blazers have tweeters in the dash. At least the two I owned did.

I haven't done 4x6's in the dash, but I know a few here have. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Sorry I couldn't help you there lol.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
rodono is on a distinguished road

ive put 4x6 infinitys in the dash before and they where a tight fit the mounting depth for the 4x6 is the biggest problem.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Oh you're putting them in the dash... well that's a "custom" fit thing lol, that's why Crutchfield is saying they won't fit, it only goes by stock speaker locations.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

If I remember correctly, it's only the driver side dash that might give your problems. I have 4x6 infinity plate speakers in the dash and I know that one went in very easily. I know the passage way for the air vent was too close and made it difficult to fit but I can't remember exactly which side it was on.

Crutchfield is probably saying that because I don't think any blazers came with 4x6 speakers. Some came with just a metal plate with a small tweeter attached or they came with nothing at all there. It just happens that the tweeter plate is the exact size of a 4x6 speaker which is why many people have upgraded to them

Old 04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks, I hadn't actually looked at the dash speakers yet. I'm going to just get some 6.5's from Crutchfield with the bracket. See how those sound with the new deck and go from there.

Quick Reply: Why does Crutchfield say these do not fit?