Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Wining noise.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:53 PM
jus1087 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wining noise.

I have two amps one for my highs and one for my subs. I ran my RCA's from my cd deck to my highs amp and another set of RCA's from that amp to my subwoofer amp. Now I have a wining noise going through my speakers unless I unhook my RCA's from my subwoofer amp. What do I need to do to fix it?

Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Wining noise.

ground your RCA's to the back of ur headunit

Old 11-10-2007, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

You need to go to an audio store and pick up I think its called something with road noise deadener or anti interference I know what it is, its on the tip of my tounge, but just go to an audio store and tell them whats going on and they will know exactly what to give you!!

Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: thegr81

You need to go to an audio store and pick up I think its called something with road noise deadener or anti interference I know what it is, its on the tip of my tounge, but just go to an audio store and tell them whats going on and they will know exactly what to give you!!
Wrong. he has a bad fuse on the ground for his sub rca's. Like Jimmy said, ground the shield of your RCA's to the HU and you will be fine.

a How-to is here

Old 11-11-2007, 12:55 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

actually it could be a number of things that is causing the noise. ! could be that he has the RCAs run along side power wires (stock or aftermarket). Another could be that he is using a pioneer HU which is notorious for noise. A 3rd could be a fualty ground. Although Ive never heard of anyone putting a fuse on a ground, hillbilly. The link you provided is the fix for pioneer HUs. Grounding the RCA to the deck may work. NEVER buy a ground loop isolator, they dont do crap.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: bobditts

Although Ive never heard of anyone putting a fuse on a ground, hillbilly.
Pioneer has a small internal fuse on their RCA's. This noise problem is very common in Pioneer decks.