Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:53 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh Look hold on. I'm doing a step by step wiring for the 4 ohm that you posted.

It will give it an 8 ohm load. When you posted what you were runing aaron we all were under the assumption you had a 1 ohm stable amplifier. But we'll get ya bridged mono and bumping good man.

Bear with me drawing this out now

Old 11-21-2006, 02:58 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

man I appreciate it alot.... I just hate to feel like i've wasted my money.. ya know?

Old 11-21-2006, 03:07 AM
BF Veteran

We all do. I'm jsut about done. We jsut all need to calm down and chill even myself. Just life's stressin me out lately Sorry if i came off as a dickwod in earlier posts man.

2 secs be uploading the pics in a min

Old 11-21-2006, 03:08 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Here's what you do.
1. Wire each sub's voice coils in series to a 4 ohm load. Then wire each sub to one channel.
Edit: *or*
2. Wire each sub's voice coils in series to a 4 ohm load, then wire both subs in parralel to a 2 ohm load. Like the diagram you have in the first post. Then you hook that up to the amp "bridged". Now this will present a 2 ohm load on the amp which it will either work or it won't. If you hook it up this way be carefull with the gain. If your lucky and the amp really can't handle the 2 ohm load bridged, the amp's fuse's will blow. If they don't blow and the amp can't handle it will blow.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:11 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

thanks man.... its been pretty stressful here... got a soc 461 paper due, and history 467 paper due and on top of that I just found out my aunt died in a car wreck and my uncle is in ICU(they were hit head on by someone who crossed the double yellow on a curvy road)... so i prolly wont have much time to wire them up. . . maybe we need a stress-relief forum..lol

Old 11-21-2006, 03:15 AM
BF Veteran

Alright heres the setup

First we will connect the first voice coil to the amp as shown.

Then connect the +'s and -'s on the subs to each other on the other coils. (this will in turn raise our ohm load)

Finally we will connect the + and - on the other coil together which will raise the ohm load up once more

And I'm so sorry to hear about that dude. Really I am. This girl i like he best friend was killed by a tractor trailer crossing the yellow line. It's not a good thing at all.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 AM

its alright... it just sucks... at the beginning of the summer my buddy died in his sleep, then my papaw died, then a girl I work with was killed by a tractor trailer in tennessee, then this... bad year for me... but anyways.... that oughtta sound better than my fosgate subs?? lol i will do that, I just have to drill a hole between the two sides of my box(there is a divider in the center so each sub has its own compartment) so I can run the wires between subs...

Old 11-21-2006, 03:20 AM
BF Veteran

Yea I know it seems bad bro. but trust me things get better. I've learned this fast recently. It cant be bad forever man.

These are more efficient then the rockfords so yes it'll be better. not for the wires running between.

Drill a hole and run the wires through. THEN silicone the hole shut. make sure it drys and all

Old 11-21-2006, 03:23 AM

will do.... and once again... thanks man...

Old 11-21-2006, 03:28 AM
BF Veteran

No problem what so ever aaron. It's what I'm here for and if ya ever need to talk about anything PM me or hit my AIM.

I'm here to help. I've helped alot of people with my Dr. Phil logics on this forum that you dont see lol

Quick Reply: WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!