Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Wiring FogLights on Safari Bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:57 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Wiring FogLights on Safari Bar

That would be the gromet I'm talking about, yep... It's where the radio antenna wire goes through, if you want, I can take a pic of it for y'all.

And as for the remote lighting kit... There's a very easy way to not have to worry about running too much power through it...

Just have the wiring kit trip a relay that powers the lights... Wire up a switch to the same trip wire, and you'll be able to use both methods to turn it on.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I have a picture of the gromet but I don't know where it is right now. I took it cause I ran my Sub positive wire through it to get back to the amp. Its on the passenger side and if you just start to pull up on the passenger side carpeting you should see a fairly large wire running into a big 'ol rubber stopper/gromet thingy. That is where you shoud run it through but it is difficult to find where it comes out in the engine, so run the wire from the cab towards the lights. It exits below the AC stuff and near the passenger side exhaust headers (should be able to see it come out from looking thru the wheel well or from under the truck near the front passenger wheel. Hope this helps and is readable.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Grommet pic

(Post # 7)

Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok. Thanks For all the Help guys and the write up davtak. So today I started looking at the harness that came with my lights, still waiting on the bar. Anyway there is the four (male/female) connections to the lights and a ground, I belive wraped together and ran as a black and blue wire to the relay.
Then there isa red(wire)in-line fuse connected to the relay with a circle connecter for the positive?
Then there is a white (wire) connected to the relay with a female connection on the end.

Then the switch has a white (wire) male connector and a red (wire) that is bare with just the tip exposed.

And included in the packaging is a 2 wire quick splicer thing, one with two slots for a wire and a metal push through connection?
So I am confused as to hook up now with this harness? Also I feel like I will need more wire and was un-sure also as to what type of wire to add? And could I add a different switch to this harness? This switch allready has the above wires connected to it.
Thanks again and in advance for the help!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM

Anyone?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: JST4SHO

Anyway there is the four (male/female) connections to the lights and a ground, I belive wraped together and ran as a black and blue wire to the relay.
Then there isa red(wire)in-line fuse connected to the relay with a circle connecter for the positive?
Then there is a white (wire) connected to the relay with a female connection on the end.

Then the switch has a white (wire) male connector and a red (wire) that is bare with just the tip exposed.

And included in the packaging is a 2 wire quick splicer thing, one with two slots for a wire and a metal push through connection?
So I am confused as to hook up now with this harness? Also I feel like I will need more wire and was un-sure also as to what type of wire to add? And could I add a different switch to this harness? This switch allready has the above wires connected to it.
Thanks again and in advance for the help!
Sorry, it seems like topic notifications aren't working quite like they used to, lol.

The red wire with the fuse, goes to the positive lead on the battery, yes.

The red wire on the SWITCH needs to go to a +12 volt source. The white wire goes from the switch, to the relay.

You shouldn't need any extra wire... I know the harness that came with my foglights had more than enough wire in it...

Old 01-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Thanks guys, especially davtak and drperry. I finally have some time and will install everything today now that the harness makes sense. Also I am waiting the arrival of a second gen FIPK!! Thanks again for the help!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran

Anytime!

Good luck, and I hope it all works out for ya!

Wiring isn't all that difficult... Just time consuming, especially if you don't have any idea of what pins do what on a relay, lol.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:26 PM

Yea so I installed everything today. Looks good not all that bright though cause they arent lit. I dont know where my problem is, I have a good ground, good connections to the lights, the power for the switch, splice in with the main power on the harness going to the positive. I dont know, I had to leave the garage because I didnt want to start throwing things. Anyways any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran

Is the switch supposed to light up? If it is and it does, that'll tell you where the issue is...

I'm not quite sure I understand where you spliced in the power for the switch at, lol... I would've used any nearby +12 voltwire...

Quick Reply: Wiring FogLights on Safari Bar