Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

wiring halos?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
reptilechazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wiring halos?

I am thinking of getting some halo projectors soon similar to THESE. I'm not sure if I want Carbon Fiber or just black yet. my question is, If I get these ebay specials I know sometimes they come with limited or no instructions, and i am wondering how you wire the actual halo light themselves? I am planning on running either the 9005 low mod or quad headlight mod in conjunction with these, depends on how the halos will be usable. will I need to wire a seperate switch mounted some where inside the cab, or is there a simpler way of wiring them in so I can choose when I want just halos, or halos with headlights... Also, while I am in there, can I disable DRLs or will this complicate things. sorry this is alot of questions...

Old 12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: wiring halos?

my friend josh has those same headlights, i think he just wired the halo's into his DRL's (daytime running lights), they look really nice, they arent that hard to hook up im sure.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

No, Jharper,wiring them into the DRLswill not work. Wire them into the parking lights. All my halos go into the parking lights. Because they are LED's, they don't pull much power, so you can get away with it. That way when you turn the switch to parking lamps, the halos come on as well, so there is no need to wire them to a switch and relay.

Quad headlights should perform well as the projectors use H1 bulbs. You will not be able to use the 9005 mod for the low beams. There really no need as the projectors are bright enough as it is.

There's a pic for you belowof what the parking lights will look like. I added halo parking lights as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5437/9333C82943B144B0A6382DDE9EEE0E4C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM

thanks euro, did you disable the DRLs some how to only have the parking lights on? or will that only work that way (in your pic) when the e-brake is engaged? i'd like to be able to drive with the parking lights only during the day and early evenings...

Old 12-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

No, Jharper,wiring them into the DRLswill not work. Wire them into the parking lights. All my halos go into the parking lights. Because they are LED's, they don't pull much power, so you can get away with it. That way when you turn the switch to parking lamps, the halos come on as well, so there is no need to wire them to a switch and relay.

Quad headlights should perform well as the projectors use H1 bulbs. You will not be able to use the 9005 mod for the low beams. There really no need as the projectors are bright enough as it is.

There's a pic for you belowof what the parking lights will look like. I added halo parking lights as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5437/9333C82943B144B0A6382DDE9EEE0E4C.jpg[/IMG]

sorry i ment parking lights. i got them mixed up.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: reptilechazer

thanks euro, did you disable the DRLs some how to only have the parking lights on? or will that only work that way (in your pic) when the e-brake is engaged? i'd like to be able to drive with the parking lights only during the day and early evenings...
Press the override button 4 times to disengage the AHLs. Then use the switch to manually engage the parking lights. When you turn the truck off, it will reset and you will have to disengage them again the run the parking lights.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

CLICK HERE pilgrim explains how to permanantly disable the AHL's

Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

if i still got mine, ill sell em to you real cheap

btw, hook em up to the ignition wire of your deck

Old 12-15-2007, 02:42 AM

sure, if you have them and they are what i am looking for let me know and maybe post a pic or something? the ebay ones are like 125 shipped so if they were that much or less I am interested. I am still waiting to get my deck installed anyways, so maybe i woould do all of this at once... I have only has it since 11/27 but not having a cd player is killing me.

Eurogold, where did you get the halo fog lights?

Old 12-15-2007, 04:56 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I have mine wired into the side marker light... It only comes on when the park lights are on, and it blinks with the signal light...

Thanks to the polarity reversing of the Blazer (which makes wiring some things a biatch...) the will not even blink on with the signal lights.

Quick Reply: wiring halos?