Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

wiring in interior neons

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:12 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: wiring in interior neons

im lookin at it kyle, but its not really helping. what do i need to do?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, you'll need a ground (86), a 12v fused source (30), switched source (85 - to control the relay), then pin 87 will go to the neons. If you wanted to be able to turn them off completely, put a single throw switch in the swiched source side.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:31 PM

ok could the 12V source be from the light under the dash already? or is there not enough power coming from there to do that? im wanting them to come on and offw/ the rest of the interior lights but have a switch to turn them on too

Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You may need to either use diodes or do a double relay setup.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:36 PM

this is starting to get too complicated lol
im starting to thikn about just putting a switch on the cord from the 12V outlet and be done w/ it

Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Take a look at the attached image.

[IMG]local://upfiles/667/23912E3B444A4B49845F417BFD2F1B38.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-30-2007, 03:19 PM

using a diode looks much easier, thanks kyle. ill look at it some more later

Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure how much power neons draw, but I don't think you'd want them drawing power straight from your dome light circuit... There's already a bunch of other stuff on there, and you might blow the fuse...

Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 PM

well sorry to waste everyones time but my dad was extremely **** when i told him what all i was doing and long story short its best for me not to do it,and pissed me off and its a bunch of bs and im just gonna leave it at that. sorry again everyone

Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

it's information that everyone can benefit from, so nothing to apologize for...

do it anyway! lol

Quick Reply: wiring in interior neons